By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 Vs. Playstation 3

a.l.e.x59 said:
It doesn't look like it's getting very many good exclusives in the future, too. Rumour has it that MGS4, and FF13 will be out on the 360, aside from the PS3.

A xbox fan boy rumour!  Hideo stated that MGS4 was a ps3 exclusive. http://au.gamespot.com/ps3/adventure/metalgearsolid4/news.html?sid=6127573

Kojima also cryptically hinted that the increased processing grunt of the PS3 would be used not only for better graphics, but for the introduction of "psychological" elements. http://au.gamespot.com/ps3/adventure/metalgearsolid4/news.html?sid=6168414&om_act=convert&om_clk=gsupdates&tag=updates;title;2 Which would rule out the 360 :P.

As for ff13. It's a ps3 exclusive.  Square Enix are making games for the 360, but  ff13will be for the ps3. http://au.gamespot.com/news/6158660.html?q=ff13&tag=result;title;8 

Also lets remember, Sony is in it's fist gen stage where 360 is in it's 2nd gen stage, when you compare games.  The games comparison between the two are very close. Also, look at the games Sony has lined up. If you look at Uncharted that looks freaking amazing :D, and I can;t wait for GoW3 Go Kratos!!! 

Plus, if the only best selling games for the xbox are halo 3 (wait for pc if you really want it :P ) and gears of war, what games will be after that> halo 4 and gow 2?  Only way down for 360 is down :P  And remember that the 360 is losing exclsuives as well. It's really a Port War.  Devs are cashing on the money :P. I think MS will pay for what they started :D

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Around the Network
finalsquall said:

Kojima also cryptically hinted that the increased processing grunt of the PS3 would be used not only for better graphics, but for the introduction of "psychological" elements. http://au.gamespot.com/ps3/adventure/metalgearsolid4/news.html?sid=6168414&om_act=convert&om_clk=gsupdates&tag=updates;title;2 Which would rule out the 360 :P.

Unless... they decide to use the processing grunt of the Xbox 360 "not only for better graphics, but for the introduction of "psychological" elements" later!

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

PS3 !

I think the smartest thing you could do is buy the Wii, PS3, and 360! :)

blowfish said:
mrstickball said:
as far as I've seen, both critically and sales wise, the 360 exclusives far outweigh the PS3 exclusives.

If thats your opinion then fine but to most people it's the other way round.

oh no we don't......I brought a PS3, and I'm biting my nails every month when I see how badly its selling. and how much games we've lost to Microsoft's Xbox 360.

so I went and brought a 360, I had no choice. why play GTA4, when you can play it online and get chapters too? the main thing I've noticed since I've had an Xbox 360 is that the games are not only smoother, but there more challenging. with the achievements system you have a reason to push yourself to get Kudos from other gamers.

where as if I do something great on the PS3, I can phonemy friends I tell them about it, but it isn't the same. not by a longshot. and I like the fact that when I go on Xbox Live, everyone has a Headset and can talk. I remember playing Fall of Man when i first got my PS3, it was 20 Vs 20, and none of my teammates had a headset, even though I ran out and paid WAYYY over the top for a bluetooth set.

I have both gaming consoles, and in my opinion the PS3 is lightyears behind the 360 in all phases. and no I don't have a HDTV, and I'm not interested in Bluray movies.

Around the Network

die die, you x360.
red rings, red rings. :D:D:D

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

rrico2005 said:

I ever played xbox360 games and PS3 games.Though Xbox360 has many good games and internet games, I would rather buy PS3 not Xbox360 .Because PS3 have better hardwares quality than xbox360. Many gaming fans knows Xbox360 has a very big problems known as "Curse of 3 red lights". When you get 3 red lights on your xbox360, you have to send your xbox360 to repair and then await more than 2 months for returning of your xbox360. I don't like that. I would rather buy PS3 which has less noise and better quality, and i don't have to worry about the happening of "Curse of 3 red lights". Though , I have no games on ps3, I still can download free unfinished games from PS store and i feel satisfied with my ps3. Maybe ps3 will be another Dreamcast, but I don't care about that. Dreamcast had many good games,and I believes PS3 will have good games, too.

whats this guy talking about?

so you'd rather have a expensive machine sitting down there with nothing to play, while your friends have the best games available, and the best online gaming available? not to mention a Game which not only sold 4 million copies but looks better than any other PS3 game out there right now called Gears of War? seriously dude, that doesn't make any sense right now. and the proof is in the pudding. you can see how much software sells on both consoles. so you have nothing to back up anyone's claim about having a great piece of hardware sitting there without the games to make it great.

tell me something, were you one of the 110,000 people who brought the Sony PSX TIVO gaming system in Japan when it flopped and get chopped within 9 months? you must have been if hardware is what your into. you must of had a Panasonic 3DO too.

Apollo said:
rrico2005 said:

I ever played xbox360 games and PS3 games.Though Xbox360 has many good games and internet games, I would rather buy PS3 not Xbox360 .Because PS3 have better hardwares quality than xbox360. Many gaming fans knows Xbox360 has a very big problems known as "Curse of 3 red lights". When you get 3 red lights on your xbox360, you have to send your xbox360 to repair and then await more than 2 months for returning of your xbox360. I don't like that. I would rather buy PS3 which has less noise and better quality, and i don't have to worry about the happening of "Curse of 3 red lights". Though , I have no games on ps3, I still can download free unfinished games from PS store and i feel satisfied with my ps3. Maybe ps3 will be another Dreamcast, but I don't care about that. Dreamcast had many good games,and I believes PS3 will have good games, too.

whats this guy talking about?

so you'd rather have a expensive machine sitting down there with nothing to play, while your friends have the best games available, and the best online gaming available? not to mention a Game which not only sold 4 million copies but looks better than any other PS3 game out there right now called Gears of War? seriously dude, that doesn't make any sense right now. and the proof is in the pudding. you can see how much software sells on both consoles. so you have nothing to back up anyone's claim about having a great piece of hardware sitting there without the games to make it great.

tell me something, were you one of the 110,000 people who brought the Sony PSX TIVO gaming system in Japan when it flopped and get chopped within 9 months? you must have been if hardware is what your into. you must of had a Panasonic 3DO too.

I had a 3DO, $20 at a flee market =] it was a good console for it's time actually.

Anyways, I've had my PS3 since US launch.I'm honestly happy with it. I wish stores would learn to advertise the PS Store games more, theres quite a few good games there as well as more coming out soon. Between the PS Store games and the ones of BR, I have id say 13 games. 

I also use my PS3 as a BR/DVD Player so it gets  it's use quite a bit. I own 8 BR movies. 

I dont see why people always do this, the PS3's first gen of games (expecially launch games) where comparable to the 360's games that were released between its first gen and second gen. 

Now comparing any game to Gears or Unreal Tournament 3 will be a total joke. Epic Games is a developer that is at Polyfony Digital and Square Enix's level of graphical power house. Gears, and UT3 are prequals to the 360's 4th generation of games honestly. Halo 3 will not look better then Gears or Unreal Tournament 3 due to this fact. Bungie will never be as good of a developer as Epic is.

Now taking what I said into thought, no matter if you agree or not think of this, these games are on a whole different level then what any game coming out on the consoles will think of for at least 2 years. The PS3 started at gen 1.5, now we are nearing generation 2 for the PS3. Halo 3 will look awesome, i wont argue that, but the PS3 will be facing generation 2 vs generation 3 games. Uncharted, Lair, Heavenly Sword, etc, are looking close if not will match Halo 3's beauty.

Now takiing into account that Halo is a proven franchise, popular for no real reason at all (Unreal Championship is way the hell better and made by Epic), so the 360 will sell like hot-cakes in September when the game is launched. Moving into the holiday season it will be mostly software sold for the 360. Reason being, everyone who doesnt own a 360 and loves Halo will buy the console at the game's launch. Meaning the PS3 will have a wider chance to sell hardware during the holiday season due the lack of people needing a console to play Halo 3. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

There's nothing on the X360 that interrests me.

There are many PS3 exclusives that I want and will kick ass. You can have your X360, I'll have my PS3.

Exclusive PS3 title:

-Afrika
-Angel Rings (Published by Sony)
-Eight days (SCE)
-EyeDentify (Published by Sony)
-Fifth Phantom Saga
-Final Fantasy XIII
-Final Fantasy Versus XIII
-Folks Soul (Folklore)
-Formula One (Published by Sony)
-Full Auto 2: Battlelines
-Genji: Days of the Blade
-God of War 3
-Gradius
-Grand Turismo 5 (Published by Sony)
-Gretzky NHL (Published by Sony)
-Heavenly Sword (Published by Sony)
-Hot Shots Golf 5 (Published by Sony)
-Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier (Published by Sony)
-Killzone 3 (SCE)
-Kingdom Hearts 3 (not announced yet)
-L.A. Noire (Rockstar)
-Lair
-Little Big Planet
-Metal Gear Solid 4
-Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam World
-Monster Hunter 3
-Motor Storm (Published by Sony)
-My Singstar (Published by Sony)
-Ninja Gaiden Sigma
-Ni-Oh
-Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (Published by Sony)
-Redwood Falls
-Resistance: Fall of Man
-Resistance: Rise of Man
-Ridge Racer 7
-Sly 4
-Tekken 6
-Time Crisis 4
-The Agency
-The Eye of Judgment (SCE)
-The Getaway (SCE)
-Uncharted: Drake's Fortune(SCE)
-Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom (SCE)
-WarDevil Enigma
-Warhawk (Published by Sony)
-White Knight Story
-Wipeout

A couple of the titles may not have been announced yet, but we should also expect something from the guys behind Shadow of the Collossus and more.

edit: One more thing. Europe and Japan aren't such big FPS whores as US is, so FPS games don't have as big an impact as they have in the US.

I myself don't like FPS games. Never have, prob. never will.

Who need DX10? When there is OPENGL 2.1 which will run perfectly on PS3. =))

Also A MUST SEE video - http://us.download.nvidia.com/downloads/nZone/videos/nzm_humanhead.wmv

RSX+PS3 -> FTW!

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far