By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Jim Sterling talks about Nintendo's abysmal handling of Amiibos

Though the scarcity of Amiibo has been bad, it seems a weird time to be complaining about it, when they're the most stocked they've ever been (at least in Australia).

The FE characters have been restocked for codename steam. The latest few Amiibo including the inkling triple pack are still in stores. Target's even restocking Little Mac, Villager, WFT and Captain Falcon; some of the "Raraest" little buggers to find.

Still waiting on Amiibo cards which will fix this probloem completely for those that just want the Amiibo content. It really shouldn't be difficult to pump these ones out.

Around the Network
Tachikoma said:
I have yet to be tempted by a single amiibo, doubt that's going to change any time soon, "missing out on dlc" or not.

Not even the cute Yoshis?

Hand in your girl license right now, young lady!

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

manuel said:
Tachikoma said:
I have yet to be tempted by a single amiibo, doubt that's going to change any time soon, "missing out on dlc" or not.

I'd take a metal gear rex over a yoshi every damn time.

SpokenTruth said:
Nintendo orders production of what retailers order.

This is a retailer issue, Not a production issue.

Supply and demand. The demand must come from the retailer for the supply to go into production.

You could argue that months ago. Not now whenever production has no real signs of increasing and they're resorting to random windows of availability to launch the next waves of amiibos, while also stopping very highly demanded ones in current production.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

When Amiibo was announced, I decided I would not be taking part in the whole affair.
Seems that decision saved me a lot of hassle.

Around the Network

Nintendo is being very stupid about this and they know it.

From the new wave 4 amiibos, the stores in my city got very few (between 1-3) of the 'rare' amiibos yet they'll also get like 20-30 Pac-Man amiibos in each store. Honestly, who the f**k that works at Nintendo decided that Pac-Man was the most demanding and that they needed to make more Pac-Man than any of the other amiibos?

Jim Sterling is mostly spot on here. I have to say I don't see why Nintendo would be making them purposefully rare - it's not them who make the money off resellers. If they would just produce the right amount to meet the demand then they would make the most possible money, whilst not irritating their fans. As usual Nintendo come off looking incompetent.

Tachikoma said:
manuel said:

I'd take a metal gear rex over a yoshi every damn time.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Jim Sterling is one of the worst gaming commentators ever and the fact that people take him seriously is pathetic.

bananaking21 said:
i really dont understand amibo's. people lining up in line for a plastic toy?

If it helps, they occasionally line up in squares instead.