By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Jim Sterling talks about Nintendo's abysmal handling of Amiibos

Ultrashroomz said:
cfin2987@gmail.com said:

Am I the only one who understands supply and demand here?

Nintendo doesn't understand, that's for sure.

Ah yes, that explains why their amiibos are in such high demand. Anyone saying that they should have flooded the market has no idea what they are talking about and is just annoyed to not be able to get all of them. Yet if they weren't a rare commodity, they wouldn't want them anyway. Ugh, kids!

Around the Network
cfin2987@gmail.com said:
Ultrashroomz said:

Nintendo doesn't understand, that's for sure.

Ah yes, that explains why their amiibos are in such high demand. Anyone saying that they should have flooded the market has no idea what they are talking about and is just annoyed to not be able to get all of them. Yet if they weren't a rare commodity, they wouldn't want them anyway. Ugh, kids!

Even Nintendo admitted they have problems supplying the demand. 

As for your last sentence, that's completely false. I wanted a few amiibos, but when I saw I'd have to go on a hunt for them, get in line for hours to maybe get the chance to possibly get one, I completely lost interest in them and so did many others here. Finally I'll suggest that you stop calling people kids.

Yep I'll stand by my statement. The latest wave of amiibos are everywhere here in aus a few days after release. There's even a few restocks of old figures.
Scalpers might just be hoarding even more in the us cause it seems like Nintendo's finally getting it

Thank God for him.

thepurplewalrus said:

Thank God for him.

Jim is God.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
thepurplewalrus said:

Thank God for him.

Jim is God.

Agree.

Hynad said:
cfin2987@gmail.com said:

Even Nintendo admitted they have problems supplying the demand. 

As for your last sentence, that's completely false. I wanted a few amiibos, but when I saw I'd have to go on a hunt for them, get in line for hours to maybe get the chance to possibly get one, I completely lost interest in them and so did many others here. Finally I'll suggest that you stop calling people kids.

Thanks for the suggestion. We can agree to disagree.

curl-6 said:
thepurplewalrus said:

Thank God for him.

Jim is God.

Okay.

SpokenTruth said:
Nintendo orders production of what retailers order.

This is a retailer issue, Not a production issue.

Supply and demand. The demand must come from the retailer for the supply to go into production.

This.  Why are so many people on here content to ignore this simple fact?  You've got people who don't even care about Amiibo's in the first place carrying pitchforks and torches screaming "way to screw over your customers Nintendo!".  These are accessories we're talking about.  There is no reason for Nintendo to create a million of every single character.  It would be like applauding Atari for producing more cartridges of Pac-Man than there existed 2600 consoles to play them on.

Mandalore76 said:
SpokenTruth said:
Nintendo orders production of what retailers order.

This is a retailer issue, Not a production issue.

Supply and demand. The demand must come from the retailer for the supply to go into production.

This.  Why are so many people on here content to ignore this simple fact?  You've got people who don't even care about Amiibo's in the first place carrying pitchforks and torches screaming "way to screw over your customers Nintendo!".  These are accessories we're talking about.  There is no reason for Nintendo to create a million of every single character.  It would be like applauding Atari for producing more cartridges of E.T. than there existed players willing to play it.

Fixed that for you. ^_-