By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Women's World Cup 2015 - USA Defeat Japan 5-2

Germaaaaaaaany!!!

Around the Network

My country is participating this year, so I{d give it a shot...

Sweden vs. Nigeria 4-1
Cameron vs. Ecuador 2-1
USA vs. Australia 3-0
Japan vs. Switzerland 3-0

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Sweden vs. Nigeria 3-0
Cameroon vs. Ecuador 0-2 (Woot!)
USA vs. Australia 2-0
Japan vs. Switzerland 1-2

okay not disappointed anymore

Ka-pi96 said:
People claimed to know nothing about women's football yet everyone called today (and likely this group) correctly.

Sweden 3-0 Nigeria
Cameroon 0-0 Ecuador
USA 2-1 Australia
Japan 1-0 Switzerland

Well, it's fair to assume that nations with good male teams and good football culture will also have good female players in the same sport, wouldn't you agree?

In the case of my home country; the females are actually a whole lot better.

Around the Network

Mummelmann said:

Well, it's fair to assume that nations with good male teams and good football culture will also have good female players in the same sport, wouldn't you agree?

In the case of my home country; the females are actually a whole lot better. :-p

Actually no. Women's football has been dominated over the past 25 years by the following countries:

USA (2x WC, 7x Gold Cup), Germany (2x WC, 8x Euro) plus Norway (1x WC, 2x Euro), Japan (1x WC, 1x Asia) and Brazil, Canada, Sweden, China, North Korea (all of those countries won at least one continental championship), i.e. so far only GER and BRA can be considered successful nations in both, men's and women's football.

The important men's football nations Italy, Spain, Argentina, France, Netherlands (and the less important, but prominent nations Portugal and England) didn't play any role up to now. France is catching up though, their national team is even among the favorites this World Cup. Can't say the same about the others.

Successful in women's football are the countries which supported it first and best. In Europe only NOR, SWE and GER took women's football seriously already in the 90s and were for a long time - until Japan caught up and Brazil to an extend as well - the only 3 countries worldwide to be able to compete with the leading nation in women's football, USA.

Women's World Cup? Pffft, we might as well create a thread for a 5th regional albanian league xD

Looks like I won't be predicting after all. But thumbs up to rol for keeping the thread clean and current.

Go Germany! And stuff.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

RolStoppable said:
Women are so mean and ruthless. Up 5-0 at half time, but they keep pushing for more goals until the very end. No mercy at all.

Well you can only sub out three players it not like other team sports where you can clear the bench once you have a huge lead.  But scoring five more goals in the second half was a bit harsh by the German team only watched it for a few minutes and I saw one of the goals.

Yes i skip the weekend... Cause.. Weekend.. I think i saw a glimpse of some matches when i got home in the night.. The game hours aren't very European friendly.. Anyway

Sweden vs. Nigeria 3-0
Cameron vs. Ecuador 2-1
USA vs. Australia 3-1
Japan vs. Switzerland 2-0

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)