By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Women's World Cup 2015 - USA Defeat Japan 5-2

United States wins 3-1 over Australia and got help from Nigeria drawing Sweden 3-3 which surprised me.

Around the Network

France vs. England 2-0
Spain vs. Costa Rica 1-3
Colombia vs. Mexico 3-1
Brazil vs. Korea 5-1

My brain and my heart are conflicting in what to predict for the Swiss match.

France vs. England 2-1
Spain vs. Costa Rica 2-1
Colombia vs. Mexico 1-1
Brazil vs. Korea 3-1

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

crissindahouse said:

Not sure if the 5 million viewers really come from people interested in it or if it's just the same 5 million viewers who watch that channel every evening regardless of what's running^^ There are so many who simply watch ARD or ZDF and nothing else every evening

Would be interesting to see what happens if they would show the next game on Sport1 or something, I guess views would drop like a stone.

I'm obviously exaggerating but still...

well considering people like to watch girls in HD and the regular Sport1 is in SD by default (if you haven't paid for it), I'm sure views would drop.
Still mad about RTL getting the rights for the WC qualifiers. Anyone noticed that they played like crap once they switched to private TV? Coincindence? I don't think so!

France vs. England 2-0
Spain vs. Costa Rica 2-0
Colombia vs. Mexico 1-2
Brazil vs. Korea 3-0

Around the Network

France vs. England 1-2
Spain vs. Costa Rica 1-1
Colombia vs. Mexico 1-2
Brazil vs. Korea 4-0

Brazil has no chance in winning this title. Women´s soccer is pratically non-existent here today. We even don´t have a national league. We have only some small amateur state leagues, with short competitions and no support from media and little sponsorship

Past sucesses (medals at Olympics, World Cups and Pan-american games) were results of strong individual efforts of dedicated players and coaches....... some players were even unemployed at the time they played for the national team and won those medals.

Today, many countries worked hard on develop their athletes and teams and Brazil still rely on improvisation. I don´t see our team going further than the quaterfinals, and I´m being optmistic.

France 2-2 England

I'll do the rest later.

Rogerioandrade said:

Brazil has no chance in winning this title. Women´s soccer is pratically non-existent here today. We even don´t have a national league. We have only some small amateur state leagues, with short competitions and no support from media and little sponsorship

Past sucesses (medals at Olympics, World Cups and Pan-american games) were results of strong individual efforts of dedicated players and coaches....... some players were even unemployed at the time they played for the national team and won those medals.

Today, many countries worked hard on develop their athletes and teams and Brazil still rely on improvisation. I don´t see our team going further than the quaterfinals, and I´m being optmistic.

Mixing the talent of a Brasil with the organization of a Germany or United States would be a juggernaut.  I do agree as long as little support down there they will rely on producing genius players like Marta to carry them.

Carl2291 said:
France 2-2 England

I'll do the rest later.

Colombia 1-2 Mexico
Spain 3-0 Costa Rica
Brazil 2-0 South Korea