By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bioshock 2 Coming To Sony PS3

It seems logical based on what has been happening at Take Two, especially with EA breathing down their necks. They have to get as much potential sources of future revenue as possible.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

If that's what he really means, then I apologize for my comment. But he HAS been making similar posts in other threads...nothing to do with mummelmann

disolitude said:
Do most of you people posting even care about bioshock? or are you just happy bout the fact its not going to be a 360 exclusive?

I hated the first one...so PS3 can have the whole thing. I'd love MGS4 in return tho :)

I really enjoyed the first one (played it on my roomate's 360).  I mean it wasn't as revolutionary as some claimed (Condemned was one of the first games this generation to make combat completely different).  I liked it a lot nonetheless, great art direction, and a pretty good story.

I would love to see it on the PS3 because I won't be living with that roomate for much longer.  I am a little worried (as I would be with any game, like Call of Duty 5 for instance) that it is being handled by another dev team than the original one.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

+1 for akuma587

He cares about a game and posts that he wants it on ps3 as he wants to play it. If we all acted in similar manner, there would be a lot less hostility on the forums...

twesterm said:
Legend11 said:
dabaus513 said:
I own bioshock for the 360 and am still patiently waiting for the 1st one to at least announced for the ps3. Hopefully...

Why do you own a 360? I'm just curious because you claim to own both a 360 and PS3 but you're forever bashing Microsoft and the 360 and praising Sony and the PS3. In fact you even have a PS logo for your profile pic which is usually a major sign of a PS3 fanboy.

Oh and for anyone reading this go look at dabaus513's posting history and tell me if my question is valid or not. See if you can find any post at all in which he says something positive about the 360. I think he's full of it.

Meh, it's completely valid to not be totally happy with a console you have.

I'm not totally happy with my PS3 since 99% of the time I use it for watching movies and it has only a single game I actually like (Uncharted) and only one other game I'll tolerate (Burnout: Paradise). Every other game I might like for the PS3 is also on the 360 and at the moment I'll always buy 360 over PS3 (except Burnout because I found it used) because I love meaningless achievements and building up my gamerscore.

-edit-

And not too worried about being off topic since this thread ended with the third-ish post that it is nothing more than a rumor at the moment.

-edit #2-

I'm also a little upset at my PS3 at the moment too because of Lost: The Game, though that has nothing to do with the PS3 or Sony.  I just fucking hate that game and projecting my hate a little on the PS3 so it's been collecting dust lately and my 360 has been my movie player since last weekend.  :-p 

Man twesterm, you are the most biased Mod I know. You cursed in this thread (probably something frowned upon at this site), and while you not only acknowledge that this thread is off topic, you take it as a opportunity to slam the PS3, yet when it comes to a thread that’s off topic and slamming the 360, you close it.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=20406#end

Either be more unbiased as a mod, or stop being a mod and go as biased as you like. I find it hard to think that being both is a good thing.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
Mummelmann said:
...I'd say, all in all, the 360 has the highest percentage unhappy or dissatisfied users/owners of all three, it certainly sounds that way...

That's a pretty silly statement. If we went purely by what people we know I would say most people are unhappy with tehir PS3 due to the fact it never actually gets used for games.

Is this true? For me and my buddies perhaps but certainly not for everybody. Just about everyone I know certainly loves their 360 so what you say may be true for you and your friends but certainly not for everybody.

Why is that silly? The whole hardware failure rate was of such proportions it made international news weekly, and both American and European repair shops reported ludicrous numbers of broken 360's. Were there any fantastic games on the 360 upon launch? Fact is; it usually takes a good while before any of the good titles hit a console. The PS2 and the X-box had an extremely limited number of solid titles in their first year on the market.

The fact of the matter is; if someone bought a PS3 just because its a PS3 and had no clue which games were or weren't available for it upon launch, then they shouldn't whine about it either, and even though there were/are "no games" (isn't this kinda like the "Wii fad" statement?) the PS3 at least functions most of the time. A console that has 5-6 or even 8-10 times more hardware failures is bound to make customers more dissatisfied than ones that work, I just find that plain logical. I am not basing this on people I know (I know only four people with a 360, 2 has crapped out) but by the extreme media buzz and the statements from Microsoft themselves that failure rates were far from desirable.

+1 to MS for handling the situation well, though. But -1 (at least) for rushing hardware with less than proper cooling solutions. 

Mummelmann said:
twesterm said:
Mummelmann said:
...I'd say, all in all, the 360 has the highest percentage unhappy or dissatisfied users/owners of all three, it certainly sounds that way...

That's a pretty silly statement. If we went purely by what people we know I would say most people are unhappy with tehir PS3 due to the fact it never actually gets used for games.

Is this true? For me and my buddies perhaps but certainly not for everybody. Just about everyone I know certainly loves their 360 so what you say may be true for you and your friends but certainly not for everybody.

Why is that silly? The whole hardware failure rate was of such proportions it made international news weekly, and both American and European repair shops reported ludicrous numbers of broken 360's. Were there any fantastic games on the 360 upon launch? Fact is; it usually takes a good while before any of the good titles hit a console. The PS2 and the X-box had an extremely limited number of solid titles in their first year on the market.

The fact of the matter is; if someone bought a PS3 just because its a PS3 and had no clue which games were or weren't available for it upon launch, then they shouldn't whine about it either, and even though there were/are "no games" (isn't this kinda like the "Wii fad" statement?) the PS3 at least functions most of the time. A console that has 5-6 or even 8-10 times more hardware failures is bound to make customers more dissatisfied than ones that work, I just find that plain logical. I am not basing this on people I know (I know only four people with a 360, 2 has crapped out) but by the extreme media buzz and the statements from Microsoft themselves that failure rates were far from desirable.

+1 to MS for handling the situation well, though. But -1 (at least) for rushing hardware with less than proper cooling solutions.

360's do fail but they also get fixed.  Like I said, I know very few people that are unhappy with their 360's and this even counts people that have had ones RRoD.

So yes, it's silly to assume that the vast majority users are unhappy with their 360's.

Mummelmann said:

For the most part I agree with you. Far more 360 owners are upset with their purchase then PS3 owners. Most of the people bashing the PS3 are people who are unhappy with what it has to offer, and because if that have not purchased it yet.

The fact of the matter is the PS3 does what it says it will do. When I bought it, I knew what I was buying, and it functions as such. The 360 is a fine machine when it works, and as long as you don’t have a failure, you’re happy with it. The problem is that means 2 out of 10 are disappointed (unless RRoD and DVD Drive issues don’t disappoint you).

I only know 5 people with PS3’s (including myself), and none of them are disappointed with the product. I know of many others that want to buy one, they just can’t justify the expense. I know of 10 people with a 360, and 4 of them are disappointed with it (because of hardware issues). I am not one of them, as mine has never broken. I know of no one who does not have a 360, who wants to buy one. Most of my friends already have one.

Anyway twesterm, you fall into the classic error of thinking that just because you have had this experience, it must be the norm. I am sure that, percentage wise, customer satisfaction is higher on the PS3 then the 360.

Now, on to what I bolded…

You did a +1 for fixing the mistake, and a -1 for having it. That means it’s a wash?

That’s like saying if I stole from a bank, I got caught, then returned all the money, that there is no harm, no foul.

Fixing it is a good thing (but probably just to keep them from having a lawsuit), but it does not wipe clean the mistake in the first place. They knew what they were doing when they did it. They gambled, and lost.

Not the vast majority, but a higher percentage than the other two. Where did vast majority come from? Nevermind, we both got our point across it seems, let's move to other threads and post more positive things, shall we?

LOL this thread is terrible xD

@OP If the news is true thats fantastic :) Not a stab in the face for any particular company, just a great game getting to a bigger audience.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.