By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bioshock 2 Coming To Sony PS3

Wow....this thread went in the tubes real quick. On the note of the Rock_on_2008 poster, I think he's just being sarcastic in all his claims. He is just far too fanboyish and crazy sounding for me to believe anything else.

Around the Network

@legend11: For many, owning the 360 does not make them love it. In fact; thousands of owners globally complain about it almost daily, especially the hardware failures come up often.
I'd say, all in all, the 360 has the highest percentage unhappy or dissatisfied users/owners of all three, it certainly sounds that way.
Judging by his avatar, yes he probably is a big Playstation fan, but how is it completely amazing that he could prefer one of his consoles over the other?
Does being a PS3 fan instantly make everything you say invalid?
I just don't get it, maybe I'm just slow...

Mummelmann said:
@legend11: For many, owning the 360 does not make them love it. In fact; thousands of owners globally complain about it almost daily, especially the hardware failures come up often.
I'd say, all in all, the 360 has the highest percentage unhappy or dissatisfied users/owners of all three, it certainly sounds that way.
Judging by his avatar, yes he probably is a big Playstation fan, but how is it completely amazing that he could prefer one of his consoles over the other?
Does being a PS3 fan instantly make everything you say invalid?
I just don't get it, maybe I'm just slow...

How do you know that?

What about the people who camped out infront of stores to get a ps3 first day and then were denied as it ran out of stock quicker than a hooker runs out of condoms. And then they bought a PS3 off ebay at 3 times the price only to have sony lower the price in less than a year...release 2 new SKU's with better drives (20 to 40 and 60 to 80). On top of that, not a single game really worth buying (othr than resistance which is a decent buy) came out almost within a year of consoles lifespan.

If  that was me I'd certanly be pissed at the PS3. Luckily I learned my lesson from PS2's launch...waiting for sony to get their shit together is key!

From personal experience, the people that camped out to get a PS3 the first day were scalpers. I don't think they cared too much about where Sony took the PS3....

Now, I'm not saying that's the case everywhere, but where I lived, that was the case.

Mummelmann said:
...I'd say, all in all, the 360 has the highest percentage unhappy or dissatisfied users/owners of all three, it certainly sounds that way...

That's a pretty silly statement. If we went purely by what people we know I would say most people are unhappy with tehir PS3 due to the fact it never actually gets used for games.

Is this true? For me and my buddies perhaps but certainly not for everybody. Just about everyone I know certainly loves their 360 so what you say may be true for you and your friends but certainly not for everybody.

Around the Network
TinouX said:

From personal experience, the people that camped out to get a PS3 the first day were scalpers. I don't think they cared too much about where Sony took the PS3....

Now, I'm not saying that's the case everywhere, but where I lived, that was the case.

Scaplers were maybe 15% of the initial shippment. I remember reading somewhere that 15% of PS3 sold at retail at launch were resold at ebay, craigslist...etc.

disolitude said:
TinouX said:

Scaplers were maybe 15% of the initial shippment. I remember reading somewhere that 15% of PS3 sold at retail at launch were resold at ebay, craigslist...etc.

I remember reading somewhere that 87% of statistics are made up.

twesterm said:
disolitude said:
TinouX said:

I remember reading somewhere that 87% of statistics are made up.

LOL. Yes like uncharted using 30% of PS3 power. 

Seriously tho, I work for one of the 3 major newspapers in Toronto...i see a lot of news and statistics fly by but cant remember where i saw them. Here is something along the lines...

http://ps3.gamespy.com/articles/746/746676p1.html

@twesterm

I've seen alot of your recent posts, and the most of them consist of "I barely play my PS3, but it is a good Blu ray player" or something of that nature.....why do you equate that to the majority with "if we went purely by what people we know I would say most people are unhappy with their PS3 due to the fact it never actually gets used for games" when it's just your personal experience.....if you only have a PS3, would you not play games just because they weren't exclusive? because there are tons of good multiplats, along with some good exclusives.

I know that I'm enjoying all my games, plus the unique PSN games out, and many users on VGC are enjoying theirs as well.....I don't think that translates to "most people are unhappy with their PS3s cause they don't play games".

@BMaker11

you are missing the point of his post completely. He is listing the bad stereotype of the PS3 to show why the point that Mummelmann made about xbox 360 owners being unhappy doesn't work either. He did not mean that about PS3...