By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon Serving Crow A Little Early, Who's Joining For Dinner? (Aka Admiting Your Wrong)

homer said:
tbone51 said:

Explain "behind games like Splatoon". I love to hear your explanation to why you post such a silly comment

Behind games that are obviously going to be bad. You probably know that already though. Everybody does. Even the staunchest supporters know it. It makes the situation even sillier.

Relly!?

Almost everyone who tried Demo have very positive opinions about game (for most of the people Demo was reason to buy game, including me), also previews about game are very positive.

Around the Network
homer said:
tbone51 said:

You dont have to see soon enough, it already happened lol. Reviewers=/=Impressions by the gamers who played the game and are going to buy it.

If the metric we use to determine if I'm wrong is whether you like it, I can't win, because you seem dead set on enjoying it.

Your metric is very reliable though, the game is going to be shit because I say so. Yup.

homer said:
tbone51 said:

Oh Homer, Can I call you Homer? So anyway pls tell me how someone who hasnt played the game going to be bad?

The only thing silly is the fact that when the "So Called Bad Game" that everybody knows of had a demo for 3 hours 2 weeks ago and pre orders begun to rapidly go up shortly after.

Point is, i love it when people downplay something they themselves never even tried. Your opinion is really completely invalid in terms of it being bad. Srry to say... But not really

This happens so often. The same song and dance. If it wasn't so hot where I lived, I would swear it was February.

You obviously have the right to have an opinion and the right to express it, but if the only thing you're trying to accomplish is to rile people up by stating it, I suggest you shut the fuck up. You haven't even given reasons for why you think it's going to be so "obviously bad", which, to me, means you're just trying to upset people.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

homer said:
tbone51 said:

You dont have to see soon enough, it already happened lol. Reviewers=/=Impressions by the gamers who played the game and are going to buy it.

If the metric we use to determine if I'm wrong is whether you like it, I can't win, because you seem dead set on enjoying it.

Whats ironic was this entire conversation never was talking about Metacritic.

Goodnightmoon said:
homer said:

Your metric is very reliable though, the game is going to be shit because I say so. Yup.

Fair enough. I'll check if the demo is still available. I personally think you should forgive me, because the press I've seen seems to mention all the things missing from Splatoon. Things that are pretty important for a multiplayer game. Things like maps, modes, and...actual players.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network
Skullwaker said:
Tbone, I would stop tbh. It's not worth it.

Srry :-/

spemanig said:

I'm in no position to give hard numbers on something like that, though I can say that I wouldn't be suprised go see it reach Bayonetta 2-like sales long term. I also wouldn't be suprised to see it fall short of that.

Who says the US preorder sales are worth nothing? Am I missing the consensus where it was unanimously agreed that VGChartz' preorder numbers are unreliable? Or did I miss the day when the US stopped being the shooter capital of the world?

Where are the Japanese preorder numbers? What are they? How much did they shoot up?

Yes you are, because I think that's pretty well known.

EDIT: And sure, I'll take my fair share of crow.

I was excited since the first trailers and that had increased since reading multiple impressions. Sales will be a very nice surprise for Nintendo.

tbone51 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Whut? There's no reviews or sales.

SM3DW oct trailer didn't have reviews or sales yet many crow were eaten. I was talking about Consumers impressions, not reviewers.

Unless one wasn't paying attention at E3 then nothing should have changed in that regard. There's no cold hard facts or numbers supporting this thread and it's notion of serving crow. Seems to just be bait for people to bait you into getting banned which is why I'd rather it not exist.

Sure, I initially thought it would only sell around 300k first week.