By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon Serving Crow A Little Early, Who's Joining For Dinner? (Aka Admiting Your Wrong)

Can't serve something you don't have, tbone. Sure, the Comg chart points to a very good first week but you should have enough experience with Comg by now to know that the chart should be seen as a rough estimation and nothing more. Games have had terrible ratios before and it's not completely out of the question that Splatoon will end up with less sales than indicated. And that's just Japan. Where's the evidence showing that the game will do great across the globe? Because if it exists I must have missed it completely.

You should wait until we have some actual data, because all you're doing here is making a crow out of a feather and that often result in a pretty bad crow stew.

Around the Network
forest-spirit said:
Can't serve something you don't have, tbone. Sure, the Comg chart points to a very good first week but you should have enough experience with Comg by now to know that the chart should be seen as a rough estimation and nothing more. Games have had terrible ratios before and it's not completely out of the question that Splatoon will end up with less sales than indicated. And that's just Japan. Where's the evidence showing that the game will do great across the globe? Because if it exists I must have missed it completely.

You should wait until we have some actual data, because all you're doing here is making a crow out of a feather and that often result in a pretty bad crow stew.

I do have enough experience with COMG. Comparing the 130p+ it has currently with SM3DW/Pikmin 3 pre orders of 66p/73p on COMG (both FW with 99k/92k) with Splatoon Shipments over 120k+ as of a week before release. We have an idea what sales will be. Even if The ratio was a mere 50% (1p = 500 sales), we are looking at no less than 65k+ FW in japan.

Here are Vgc predictions on FW sales in japan http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7252497

The game will do 90k-140k FW and ship well over 150k FW in japan. Going by the above link and neogaf terrible post of Splatoon bombing, the game is well deserved of serving crow, even early :)

How many normal people in the US even know about this game, and how many of them care enough to want to buy it, though? I know lots about it and as someone foolish enough to buy a Wii U day one, I am exactly the kind of person who would be buying this: but I won't. NOBODY is going to buy a Wii U FOR this. Nintendo have been so terrible at promotion, you folks seem to think that their decision to advertise at all will ASSURE sales. If that's true, the shareholders should demand they advertise everything they do. (Funny, they should do that anyway.)

VitroBahllee said:
How many normal people in the US even know about this game, and how many of them care enough to want to buy it, though? I know lots about it and as someone foolish enough to buy a Wii U day one, I am exactly the kind of person who would be buying this: but I won't. NOBODY is going to buy a Wii U FOR this. Nintendo have been so terrible at promotion, you folks seem to think that their decision to advertise at all will ASSURE sales. If that's true, the shareholders should demand they advertise everything they do. (Funny, they should do that anyway.)

tbone51 said:
VitroBahllee said:

And when are you going to admit YOU'RE wrong about that "your" in the thread title?

You clearly don't want to actually discuss this topic, since you ignored my points for a played out meme. Why start a discussion you aren't interested in having? I hope it's not because you're an emotionally needy, hyper lonely weirdo. That would be sad, and a lot more depressing than Willy Wonka.

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

Around the Network
VitroBahllee said:
tbone51 said:

And when are you going to admit YOU'RE wrong about that "your" in the thread title?

You clearly don't want to actually discuss this topic, since you ignored my points for a played out meme. Why start a discussion you aren't interested in having? I hope it's not because you're an emotionally needy, hyper lonely weirdo. That would be sad, and a lot more depressing than Willy Wonka.

"I hope it's not because you're an emotionally needy, hyper lonely weirdo" Are you spying on me? O.o

VitroBahllee said:

You need to chill.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Skullwaker said:
VitroBahllee said:

You need to chill.

So on topic. Where were you when someone called me a dick, or did they not need to chill?

VitroBahllee said:
So on topic.

Neither was your jab at tbone.

Edit: I didn't see whoever called you a dick. Regardless, that doesn't give you an excuse to act like one.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Skullwaker said:
VitroBahllee said:
So on topic.

Neither was your jab at tbone.

Edit: I didn't see whoever called you a dick. Regardless, that doesn't give you an excuse to act like one.

You and he both ignored the topical content of my last several posts to focus on my "jab," wheras his last post was just a jab. This whole thread is clearly a cattle chute to mock people who thought this was a real topic tbone wanted to discuss. Gloat away, but this whole thread's premise is sad.