By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: PS Vita > WII U Total Lifetime Sales ( worldwide )

Dr. Vita I wouldn't even entertain these people. Most have been proclaiming that the Wii U would outsell the Vita LTD for years. Maybe it'll mean something after year 5 or 6 when it eventually happens (if that).

Around the Network
uran10 said:
Dr.Vita said:

Wii U is bigger than Vita in holidays, but Vita overall sell better than Wii U in the year. 

http://www.vgchartz.com/yearly/2014/Global/

Yea... sure it does. In 2012 it did because wait.. Wii U was only available for its holiday season. in 2013 it did by less than 100k. in 2014 Wii U completely outclassed it and 2015 is currently outclassing 2014 for Wii U. Another thing of note is how the vita keeps selling less and less every year. Seriously. Your argument is flawed.

Please don't look at VGChartz numbers. We know that Wii U is heavily overtracked and Vita heavily undertracked. Just take a look at 2014 shipments. And for 2012, PS4 also did 4.5M in its launch year and was only avalaible during the holiday season and was outsold / no longer in stock for 3-4 months.

Fact is:
Vita sales > Wii U sales in 2012 
Vita sales > Wii U sales in 2013
Vita (including PSP which was no longer produced in the most countries) sales > Wii U sales in 2014

Train wreck said:
Dr. Vita I wouldn't even entertain these people. Most have been proclaiming that the Wii U would outsell the Vita LTD for years. Maybe it'll mean something after year 5 or 6 when it eventually happens (if that).

You are completely right dude, I will go to bed now. I guess I have to make a new thread soon... ^^

Good night folk!

Dr.Vita said:

Fact is:
Vita ship > Wii U ship in 2012 

Vita  ship > Wii U ship in 2013

Vita+PSP ship > Wii U ship in 2014

Fix.

Train wreck said:

why the need for hostility though? both sides are just discussing their own point of views lol

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Its hilarious that you actually think that the games I´m telling you are not system sellers just because they are not in the same level as mk8 or smah (Only CoD and GTA are on that level) and yet you think those downgraded ports of average games that are avalible everywhere else, some niche japanese game that nobody cares for and a few indies that you can even play on a 2007 computer are system sellers. I´m not the one that has to deal with anything man, you are setting yourself for the biggest dissapointment and your only excuse is that "VGC is undertracking Vita", that is an easy way to deny yourself and everyone the fact that Vita is going to be outsold by the worst selling Nintendo console ever.

CoD Advanced Warfare and GTA V sales >>> Mario Kart 8 & Super Smash Bros. sales
I don't call these Indie games on PS Vita system sellers, but I have a lot of fun with them! I enjoy games like Hotline Miami much more than games like Smash Bros. And I don't think that I can play games like Murasaki Baby or OlliOlli on a 2007 computer. And where is the problem if I can play them also on a computer? Mario Kart, Zelda and Smash Bros. are also avalaible on Wii, I can't see big differences between them on Wii and Wii U. You know that PS Vita is also the worst selling Playstation console ever? And it will be the first Playstation console which won't do 80M+.

You can´t see the differece between those games.... because you don´t play them, they are huge improvents of already great games, MK8 is the best of the saga and we are talking of one of the best and most important franchises in the gaming history, MK8 is already a legend. The comparaison with Zelda is very stupid, no offense, I don´t get how you can see the same here:

(You can explore everything you see here, is the first 3D open world Zelda)

Also, are you telling me that you can´t play OlliOlli on a 2007 computer? I have that game and looks like a snes game on HD:

Also I don´t like the way you just ignore games like Pikmin 3, DK: Tropical Freeze or Captain Toad, I´m sure you don´t like how everybody forgots about that wonderfull game named Tearaway just because its not what the mainstream market wants. Also there´s nothing like XCX or Splatoon in any other system.

I´m not telling that PSVita is a horrible console and you can´t enjoy it, but it doesn´t bring anything unique, all its big games are ports from other consoles that come later and downgraded (they look really good for a handheld though, but that´s not reason enough)

And no, the sales of GTA and CoD are not >>>>>>>> to Mk8 and Smash, those games have a 55% and 30% of attach rating, not a single game on any other new gen console can even dream about it, and I have to remember that MK6 sold 35 milions on Wii, and it was bundled after selling its first 20 milions. They are on the same level or bigger than cod and gta, but they are only in 1 console, and they depend on the success of the console.

Ryng_Tolu said:
Dr.Vita said:

Fact is:
Vita ship > Wii U ship in 2012 

Vita  ship > Wii U ship in 2013

Vita+PSP ship > Wii U ship in 2014

Fix.

Well said :) I also find it funny he claims Wii U is over tracked. We know its overtracked in 2015 but everything has been adjusted for 2014 already (with home consoles atleast).  Anyway arguing with this guy is gonna get me banned for wanting to use one of Rol's famous words.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

uran10 said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Fix.

Well said :) I also find it funny he claims Wii U is over tracked. We know its overtracked in 2015 but everything has been adjusted for 2014 already (with home consoles atleast).  Anyway arguing with this guy is gonna get me banned for wanting to use one of Rol's famous words.

For be correct, WU is overtracked in the old years, not in 2015.

But still, even with WU overtracked in 2014, still no way for Vita sold more.

If we see the NPD/MC sales, we have WU in the US > PSV JP+US

Europe can't be difference...

wii u will outsell vita easily. There are still alot good game for wii u but almost nothing for vita in development.

Also wii u is still a secondary console, so scince more and more people got a ps4/xbox one now they might get a wii u additional.

Dr.Vita said:

CoD Advanced Warfare and GTA V sales >>> Mario Kart 8 & Super Smash Bros. sales
I don't call these Indie games on PS Vita system sellers, but I have a lot of fun with them! I enjoy games like Hotline Miami much more than games like Smash Bros. And I don't think that I can play games like Murasaki Baby or OlliOlli on a 2007 computer. And where is the problem if I can play them on a computer? Mario Kart, Zelda and Smash Bros. are also avalaible on Wii, I can't see big differences between them on Wii and Wii U. You know that PS Vita is also the worst selling Playstation console ever? And it will be the first Playstation console which won't do 80M+.

no big difference huh?