By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: PS Vita > WII U Total Lifetime Sales ( worldwide )

PwerlvlAmy said:
Cloudman said:
I think in the end the Vita will beat the Wii U, either from the Wii U never passing it, or the Vita beating it out of longevity.

That possible, but idk, the way Vita sells everywhere but Japan, it will be hard to stay ahead of Wii U,especially when Wii U is up YoY again. Unless Sony has some surprise games that will make vita sell better in europe and u.s.

I think the Wii U has a good chance to pass the Vita eventually, but what is most concerning is how long it is taking for it to happen, and the Wii U doesn't have a lot of time left before the next console comes out. I figure the Vita will eventually pass it in the end from being in the market for so long. Sony doesn't drop support for their hardware even years after a successor has been released.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
Cloudman said:
I think in the end the Vita will beat the Wii U, either from the Wii U never passing it, or the Vita beating it out of longevity.

That possible, but idk, the way Vita sells everywhere but Japan, it will be hard to stay ahead of Wii U,especially when Wii U is up YoY again. Unless Sony has some surprise games that will make vita sell better in europe and u.s.

I think the Wii U has a good chance to pass the Vita eventually, but what is most concerning is how long it is taking for it to happen, and the Wii U doesn't have a lot of time left before the next console comes out. I figure the Vita will eventually pass it in the end from being in the market for so long. Sony doesn't drop support for their hardware even years after a successor has been released.

Except that sony has already stopped supporting the vita in any meaningful ways.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

uran10 said:
Cloudman said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
Cloudman said:

Except that sony has already stopped supporting the vita in any meaningful ways.

That is sort of true. While Sony themselves are dropping support for it, it is still getting plenty of 3rd party support, mainly from Japanese 3rd party, which some of it may be from Sony themselves. So that'll keep it ahead of the Wii U for the time being.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

The Wii U is less then a million now.

Vita will outsell the WiiU by multiple times once a 4G Vita is avilable. If Sony adds 4G, an extra gig of RAM, and throughs the Z3 battery in the Vita 3000, they will have hands down the best mobile device on the market. PlayStation Network is getting bigger and bigger, and Sony can offer more content than any other company thanks to the masssive library PlayStation has built in the last 20 years.

WiiU has nothing to back it up beyind gamez, and that is a major issue going forward. Any device that can not offer a powerful digital store and network will never succeed again. Hopefully, with the NX Nintendo will figure out some way to expand the system beyond games, and make it worthy of being used throughout the day.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

Can't be! WiiU had all the metons of Nintendo bran of quality 1st party while Vita just had fewer renowned games that barely sold over a million!

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
fluky-nintendy said:
Can't be! WiiU had all the metons of Nintendo bran of quality 1st party while Vita just had fewer renowned games that barely sold over a million!

Don't most people aside from core-ninten fans not care about those same 1st party brand games? :P Vita does get a lot of games, even if they are not huge sellers.

Dance my pretties!

Ryng_Tolu said:
Dr.Vita said:

Fact is:
Vita ship > Wii U ship in 2012 

Vita  ship > Wii U ship in 2013

Vita+PSP ship > Wii U ship in 2014

Fix.

So retailers are reordering more Vitas than WiiUs each year although the WiiUs are selling better or what do you want to say with your fix?

The psvita has been on the market about 10 months longer than the wiiU, and has sold 800k more units as of march 28th according to vgc numbers. That's just over 37 months on the market, and the wiiU has had 28 months on the market. The ps vita has averaged 280K, and the wiiU has averaged 340k a month. Assuming this exact rate, the wiiU would outsell the vita in a little over a year. Current trends over the past couple months show the vita selling slightly better, but if you look at trends, this would be the third time the psvita outsells at around this time, and then the wiiU makes up the slack at the end of the year. The wiiU is going to lose support in a year and a half I predict, and the vita will probably be around for a while because of the fact that it's likely Sony's last handheld. Given all of this information, it's honestly a complete toss up, and I can't really say which one I think will pull out ahead.

Conina said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
Dr.Vita said:

Fact is:
Vita ship > Wii U ship in 2012 

Vita  ship > Wii U ship in 2013

Vita+PSP ship > Wii U ship in 2014

Fix.

So retailers are reordering more Vitas than WiiUs each year although the WiiUs are selling better or what do you want to say with your fix?

Of course, shipment are not sales.

In 2014 Vita was overshipped because the TV version released (and was a super BOMBA with just 50k sold in the US Oct+Nov+Dec), and WU undershipped, considering was even sold out in some market/site...

WU in the US > PSV US+JP ; confirmed by NPD and MC.