By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: PS Vita > WII U Total Lifetime Sales ( worldwide )

Wii U is actually supported by its company. It will outsell the Vita. but, it goes to show how much better the Vita could have done if Sony didnt mess it up.

Around the Network

Vita is far more supported by developers so it will obviously sell/live more

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
Vita is far more supported by developers in Japan 

Fixed

Vita 2012: 3.7 > 2013: 3.1 > 2014: 2.4 (And now is down YoY)

WiiU 2012: 2.3 < 2013: 3 < 2014: 3.7 (And now is up yoy)

Yeah pretty obvious what is happening here...

Goodnightmoon said:
Aerys said:
Vita is far more supported by developers in Japan 

Fixed

That doesnt change thé fact that Being supported by developers in japan means more and longer support than WiiU

And you forget also that WiiU has almost no system seller this year, its a bit stupid to compare it to least year like that , splatoon and xenoblade will be really small système sellers, thé only big systèm seller will come in 2016... And its only Zelda, not so big

You remind me those who thought WiiU would outsell it by 2014

It will be fun to go back at these prédictions when thé WiiU will be replaced and see people say " yes but WiiU would have sold more if it hadnt been replaced " 

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Fixed

That doesnt change thé fact that Being supported by developers in japan means more and longer support than WiiU

And you forget also that WiiU has almost no system seller this year, its a bit stupid to compare it to least year like that , splatoon and xenoblade will be really small système sellers, thé only big systèm seller will come in 2016... And its only Zelda, not so big

It will be fun to go back at these prédictions when thé WiiU will be replaced and see people say " yes but WiiU would have sold more if it hadnt been replaced " 

It will be very funny to see you make threads like "oh vita was outsold by wiiu but it came close without first party support", we already had a smilar thread.

And WiiU has no system seller, yes, and Splatoon is a bomba, that´s what you have been saying for ages, look now, beasting on japan and amazon. Tell me, how many system sellers, big, or medium sized has Vita outside japan... yes, Zero. How many will have? yes, Zero.

And also is ridiculous the way people are counting Playstation TV sales into PSVita sales, there´s no 60$ version of the wiiu like the PSTV, and is still selling worse.

Around the Network

Bold prediction but not a stupid one. It is actually possible. Wii U is ending its cycle early.

Vita.

I like both the Wii U and the PS Vita, but I believe that the Wii U will outsell the PS Vita by the end of this generation.

Goodnightmoon said:
Aerys said:

It will be very funny to see you make threads like "oh vita was outsold by wiiu but it came close without first party support", we already had a smilar thread.

And WiiU has no system seller, yes, and Splatoon is a bomba, that´s what you have been saying for ages, look now, beasting on japan and amazon. Tell me, how many system sellers, big, or medium sized has Vita outside japan... yes, Zero. How many will have? yes, Zero.

And also is ridiculous the way people are counting Playstation TV sales into PSVita sales, there´s no 60$ version of the wiiu like the PSTV, and is still selling worse.

It's to help the Vita argument. If you stack on other products it makes one look better. People are stacking PSP and VitaTV to make Vita look stronger than it really is. Sony does this in their financials as well. I don't get it either

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

uran10 said:

Well said :) I also find it funny he claims Wii U is over tracked. We know its overtracked in 2015 but everything has been adjusted for 2014 already (with home consoles atleast).  Anyway arguing with this guy is gonna get me banned for wanting to use one of Rol's famous words.

It hasn't really.  It was adjusted down by around 100k since Q3 financials, but it is probably still too high.  As of the week ending January 3rd, there is a 227k gap between VGC numbers and Dec 31st shipments.  About 130k of that is in Japan.  I don't think it is very realistic that the region with 25% of the overall sales has more than half of the stock on shelves.  Also the shipment to the Americas in the Jan-Mar 2015 quarter was rather low compared to NPD sell through which would suggest there was a decent amount of stock on shelves at the end of 2014.