By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: PS Vita > WII U Total Lifetime Sales ( worldwide )

People have been saying since launch that the wiiu would be ahead, pm me when that day finally comes.

Around the Network

Nah VGCchartz numbers arent correct, i heard Wii U numbers just came over 10 million. Also Vita doesnt have the high budget titles that Wii U has and neither does it have Zelda and Mario

Vita is Yoy down, Wii U is Yoy up.
http://www.vgchartz.com/article/259097/2015-year-on-year-sales-and-market-share-update-to-march-28/

Also, last year for same date Vita was around 2.2m ahead of Wii U and now are around 800k.
Like I said, Wii U in holiday time have 2-3x bigger boost in sale than Vita.

97alexk said:

Nah VGCchartz numbers arent correct, i heard Wii U numbers just came over 10 million.

Where have you heard that? Not from Nintendo.

They haven't even shipped 10 million units yet to retailers... or it would be very strange if they ship more than 460k units in 1.5 months (April + half of May) when they only shipped 340k units in the 3 months before.

I also haven't have heard of Wii U shortages which would indicate that most shipped WiiUs are also sold to customers.

97alexk said:

Nah VGCchartz numbers arent correct, i heard Wii U numbers just came over 10 million. Also Vita doesnt have the high budget titles that Wii U has and neither does it have Zelda and Mario

Wii U isn't anywhere at 10 million sales lifetime, it probably hasn't even shipped that much as of today.

OT: The Vita doesn't really much left that will cause spikes, the Wii U does, and I'm fairly certain it will have a far better holiday season than the Vita as well. It will probably catch it but won't be far ahead if lifetime sales.

Around the Network

Mr Playstation did a Doctor Vita on us. lol!

The vita will probably last longer so it will sell better

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

As long as NX is coming then Wii U will beat everything not just Vita

NNID : ShenlongDK
PSN : DarkLong213
think-man said:
People have been saying since launch that the wiiu would be ahead, pm me when that day finally comes.

The only thing that the Sony fans can say is "people expect WU to beat Vita first year" ???

Wow... and do you remember what some Sony fan said one time?

Some Sony fans expect Vita above 3DS, and predicted 3DS to fail. Some people expect +100 million lifetime for Vita, and NOT before launch, but in 2013, when this was already a ridiculus prediction.

Still, some people say "when PS4 will released the Vita sales will explode!" ... yeah... sure...

Oh, and i almost forgot the best of the best! Some sony fans still predict PS3 above Wii lifetime...

Ryng_Tolu said:
think-man said:

The only thing that the Sony fans can say is "people expect WU to beat Vita first year" ???

Wow... and do you remember what some Sony fan said one time?

Some Sony fans expect Vita above 3DS, and predicted 3DS to fail. Some people expect +100 million lifetime for Vita, and NOT before launch, but in 2013, when this was already a ridiculus prediction.

Still, some people say "when PS4 will released the Vita sales will explode!" ... yeah... sure...

I actually remember that last lien vividly

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick