By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: PS Vita > WII U Total Lifetime Sales ( worldwide )

The Ps Vita so far this year has outsold the Wii U worldwide and I was thinking that this fact, with the fact that the PS Vita has a lead of just over 800,000 units sold ( According to VGChartz ) and that a possible succesor may already be in the works to replace the WII U and with a little luck on the PS Vita side of things ( like not dying off early and sony announcing that this is their last handheld ). I believe that overall the PS Vita will just barely be able to keep it's lead.

What do you guys think am I absouloutly knonkers or is this a possibility?

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network

Anything is possible but I will still stick with the whole "WiiU will > Vita" by the end. Sad that it has even come to this but it shows how much Nintendo goofed

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

It all depends on Japan...

No, I dont think so, Vita is only selling on Japan and doesn´t have any other big game coming ww.

Nah. Wii U is still gonna beat it.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network

"The Ps Vita so far this year has outsold the Wii U worldwide"
Like last year. With a important difference, this time the WU is up YOY, and Vita massive down. And what's happen at the end of last year? We all know...

People STILL don't understand that the the reason of WU > PSV in 2014 is the holidays sales...
The ONLY way for Vita beat WU, is selling more during the holiday. Will happen? No. 
And if you think Vita will beat WU in the holidays sales... can you say how is possible?

Vita is dead outside Japan. WU in Europe and US sell bad, but not at the "doomed" level.

Vita in Japan MUST sell more than WU in the US for beat it globally. and not. i seriusly doubt.

The Vita is horribly undertracked so the gap is wider than what VGChartz is listing (unless the PSP is magically selling gangbusters despite being discontinued). And no, the Wii U will not outsell the Vita.

Also, can anyone pull up the thread where people were adamant that the Wii U would outsell the Vita by like day one? It's a funny read.

Wii U will outsell vita, I seriously don't understand why some people believe otherwise. Last year vita was outselling Wii U and then Wii U went past it. Vita is selling slower and Wii U faster. As soon as the holidays kick in Wii U shall fly past Vita, and it'll start making up ground from June.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Train wreck said:
The Vita is horribly undertracked so the gap is wider than what VGChartz is listing (unless the PSP is magically selling gangbusters despite being discontinued). And no, the Wii U will not outsell the Vita.

Also, can anyone pull up the thread where people were adamant that the Wii U would outsell the Vita by like day one? It's a funny read.

I think this read is more funny.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/10/22/the-playstation-vita-is-set-to-succeed

Vita right now is outselling the wiiu