By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: PS Vita > WII U Total Lifetime Sales ( worldwide )

Maybe, but my guess is for Wii U

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
Dr.Vita said:

Wii U will do better than Vita in holidays, but overall Vita will win in the yearly battle (this is the important thing). Just look at shipments, Vita shipments always were better than Wii U shipments. 

WU shipment during holidays:

2012: 3,060,000

2013: 1,950,000

2014: 1,910,000

Vita never ship at this level during theholidays.

I don't care about holidays sales, at the end the yearly sales count.

Goodnightmoon said:
Dr.Vita said:

Nothing of them is as big as Mario Kart 8 and Smash. And in 2014 there were also Bayonetta 2, Donkey Kong, Hyrule Warriors... on Wii U. 2014 was much better than 2015 for Wii U. Deal with it.

And where do you know that we won't get Vita games? Vita's future is looking good so far. Resident Evil Revelations 2, God Eater 2: Rage Burst (trademark), Digimon Cyber Sleuth (50k petetion), Assassin's Creed Chronicles (leaked on the same Brazilian site of Gears of War Remastered), XCOM Enemy Within (leaked on the same Brazilian site of Gears of War Remastered)... We have tons of awesome indies (Salt & Sanctuary, OlliOlli 2) and we have Playstation Now, where we can play every Playstation game on Vita. And don't forget remote play which works awesome with 60FPS. 

Its hilarious that you actually think that the games I´m telling you are not system sellers just because they are not in the same level as mk8 or smah (Only CoD and GTA are on that level) and yet you think those downgraded ports of average games that are avalible everywhere else, some niche japanese game that nobody cares for and a few indies that you can even play on a 2007 computer are system sellers. I´m not the one that has to deal with anything man, you are setting yourself for the biggest dissapointment and your only excuse is that "VGC is undertracking Vita", that is an easy way to deny yourself and everyone the fact that Vita is going to be outsold by the worst selling Nintendo console ever.

CoD Advanced Warfare and GTA V sales >>> Mario Kart 8 & Super Smash Bros. sales
I don't call these Indie games on PS Vita system sellers, but I have a lot of fun with them! I enjoy games like Hotline Miami much more than games like Smash Bros. And I don't think that I can play games like Murasaki Baby or OlliOlli on a 2007 computer. And where is the problem if I can play them on a computer? Mario Kart, Zelda and Smash Bros. are also avalaible on Wii, I can't see big differences between them on Wii and Wii U. You know that PS Vita is also the worst selling Playstation console ever? And it will be the first Playstation console which won't do 80M+.

Dr.Vita said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

WU shipment during holidays:

2012: 3,060,000

2013: 1,950,000

2014: 1,910,000

Vita never ship at this level during theholidays.

That's funny considering the holidays make up the bulk of the yearly sales.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

uran10 said:
Dr.Vita said:

Wii U is bigger than Vita in holidays, but Vita overall sell better than Wii U in the year. 

Around the Network

Wii U will sell more in the end

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Dr.Vita said:
uran10 said:

Wii U is bigger than Vita in holidays, but Vita overall sell better than Wii U in the year. 

http://www.vgchartz.com/yearly/2014/Global/

Yea... sure it does. In 2012 it did because wait.. Wii U was only available for its holiday season. in 2013 it did by less than 100k. in 2014 Wii U completely outclassed it and 2015 is currently outclassing 2014 for Wii U. Another thing of note is how the vita keeps selling less and less every year. Seriously. Your argument is flawed.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

I think in the end the Vita will beat the Wii U, either from the Wii U never passing it, or the Vita beating it out of longevity.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
I think in the end the Vita will beat the Wii U, either from the Wii U never passing it, or the Vita beating it out of longevity.

That possible, but idk, the way Vita sells everywhere but Japan, it will be hard to stay ahead of Wii U,especially when Wii U is up YoY again. Unless Sony has some surprise games that will make vita sell better in europe and u.s.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

uran10 said:
Dr.Vita said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/yearly/2014/Global/

Yea... sure it does. In 2012 it did because wait.. Wii U was only available for its holiday season. in 2013 it did by less than 100k. in 2014 Wii U completely outclassed it and 2015 is currently outclassing 2014 for Wii U. Another thing of note is how the vita keeps selling less and less every year. Seriously. Your argument is flawed.

Vita undertracked. (:P)