By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo E3 plans revealed

mZuzek said:
Wyrdness said:

We don't really need a crowd for when something awesome is shown.

I agree - I also think the Digital Event is far better than a press conference. But the crowd going crazy is still a nice element that was lost.

Nope the Nintendo World Tournament has that covered!

Around the Network

I love that Nintendo's not afraid to poke fun at itself with these pre-E3 videos. Very entertaining. :)

shikamaru317 said:
bigtakilla said:
shikamaru317 said:
Why are they doing their E3 direct at the same time as Square Enix's press conference? There is a 6 or 7 hour gap after Square Enix's press conference ends and before the PC gaming show begins, why not use that gap instead of making people choose between Nintendo and Square Enix? *sigh*

Why did Square-Enix choose the exact same time slot Nintendo does their presentations every year (as if it were going to change this year to accomidate S-E, lol). *sigh*

I'm guessing Square picked it specifically because it was the earliest available time slot on Tuesday and they wanted to do their conference before Nintendo started their all-day long extravaganza (Direct + Treehouse), so that the daily E3 viewership wouldn't be split between them and Nintendo. Nintendo should have been more understanding on this one I think, especially since there is a 7 hour gap between Square Enix and the PC gaming show that is more than large enough for both their direct and their treehouse. I guess I'll skip watching Nintendo's direct live and just watch the archived version of it later, at least then I can skip over all of the "meh" stuff.

So they choose the exact time Nintendo does their presentation every year?... It really doesn't make sense. Square-Enix should have taken time during the 7 hours before the PC presentation. 

Side note, I plan on doing the same thing with S-E conference (watching it on youtube after Nintendo's), but only if I see something that strikes my interest. 

So, the digital event is at 2am here.
Time for another all-nighter powered by hype and espresso!

curl-6 said:

Sweet that's when I usually finish work. 

Around the Network
Blob said:
curl-6 said:

Far out, that's tough hours!

curl-6 said:

I think it will be 1 AM for me. It`s gonna be a fun night, and tiring morning...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

curl-6 said:
Blob said:

Far out, that's tough hours!

I actually loved to work at those hours. No problems getting up in the morning or with traffic to go and come back home from work, and unlike nightshifts you don't sleep trough practically most of the day

PwerlvlAmy said:
I wish sony and microsoft would adopt the digital format too.

This. Its getting painful to watch random executives pander to a crowd for applause they don't want to give. Not to mention jokes that flop, awkward 'stage demos' and terrible pacing that makes the show drag on. The E3 digital event is compact, informative, and the trailers they show are HD. Plus they are not interrupted in the middle of the trailer to go to a camera that pans out over the crowd.

bunchanumbers said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
I wish sony and microsoft would adopt the digital format too.

This. Its getting painful to watch random executives pander to a crowd for applause they don't want to give. Not to mention jokes that flop, awkward 'stage demos' and terrible pacing that makes the show drag on. The E3 digital event is compact, informative, and the trailers they show are HD. Plus they are not interrupted in the middle of the trailer to go to a camera that pans out over the crowd.

I disagree. All that stuff is what makes E3 great lol

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3