By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo E3 plans revealed

shikamaru317 said:
bigtakilla said:
shikamaru317 said:
Why are they doing their E3 direct at the same time as Square Enix's press conference? There is a 6 or 7 hour gap after Square Enix's press conference ends and before the PC gaming show begins, why not use that gap instead of making people choose between Nintendo and Square Enix? *sigh*

Why did Square-Enix choose the exact same time slot Nintendo does their presentations every year (as if it were going to change this year to accomidate S-E, lol). *sigh*

I'm guessing Square picked it specifically because it was the earliest available time slot on Tuesday and they wanted to do their conference before Nintendo started their all-day long extravaganza (Direct + Treehouse), so that the daily E3 viewership wouldn't be split between them and Nintendo. Nintendo should have been more understanding on this one I think, especially since there is a 7 hour gap between Square Enix and the PC gaming show that is more than large enough for both their direct and their treehouse. I guess I'll skip watching Nintendo's direct live and just watch the archived version of it later, at least then I can skip over all of the "meh" stuff.

Why is a mediocre company like S-E even holding a press-conference at E3?

Nintendo always picks that day and hour, so blame S-E, not Nintendo.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

I guess I'll skip watching Nintendo's direct live and just watch the archived version of it later, at least then I can skip over all of the "meh" stuff.

I´m sure there´s not going to be any "meh" stuff on SE conference

shikamaru317 said:

I'm guessing Square picked it specifically because it was the earliest available time slot on Tuesday and they wanted to do their conference before Nintendo started their all-day long extravaganza (Direct + Treehouse), so that the daily E3 viewership wouldn't be split between them and Nintendo. Nintendo should have been more understanding on this one I think, especially since there is a 7 hour gap between Square Enix and the PC gaming show that is more than large enough for both their direct and their treehouse.

Serious question: how much Nintendo content are you reasonably expecting to see at the Squeenix conference?

Setting aside all the silliness of the video, the setup sounds good. A new Digital Event, a bigger treehouse presence, another Best Buy promo, and more developer appearances and interviews + a competition all sounds great. I'm pretty hyped

lol the E3 video was awesome and Nintendo World Championship returning? epic

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
noname2200 said:

Serious question: how much Nintendo content are you reasonably expecting to see at the Squeenix conference?

I'm not expecting to see much Nintendo stuff at Square Enix's conference at all. Maybe some stuff for 3DS. Not sure what that has to do with my point though. By choosing the same time slot as Square Enix (or vice versa if you prefer to make that argument), they're hurting each other by splitting E3 viewership. It would have been mutually beneficial to hold their events seperately instead of during the same time slot.

Is not like we prefer to make this argument. Is true. Every year Nintendo uses the same day and time. SE is the blame here. 

Click HERE and be happy 

Good vídeo, but would be good to have them live on stage.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I wish sony and microsoft would adopt the digital format too.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

So basically the same as last year, only with a Nintendo World tournament in place of the Smash one, and Mario Maker instead of Smash at Best Buy. Need more details as to what games will be featured at the tournament, probably unannounced ones since they didn't specify, and well I don't think Mario Maker is big enough to be the lone demo game, and really are you even gonna have time to create and play a level, plus from what we've seen it's singleplayer only. Not sure if I'm gonna bother going despite being interested in Mario Maker.

shikamaru317 said:
noname2200 said:

I'm not expecting to see much Nintendo stuff at Square Enix's conference at all. Maybe some stuff for 3DS. Not sure what that has to do with my point though. By choosing the same time slot as Square Enix (or vice versa if you prefer to make that argument), they're hurting each other by splitting E3 viewership. It would have been mutually beneficial to hold their events seperately instead of during the same time slot.

Yeah... I can't say Nintendo should accomodate the desires of a company that isn't making much effort to cater to Nintendo or its audience, nor do I suspect there will be a lot of overlap in the audiences. If Squeenix cared, it would have figured Nintendo would use its usual time slot; sure, Square Enix is incredibly incompetent, and I concede they are the one company that may be stupid enough to actually be surprised by Nintendo's announcement (thinking is hard), but that's pretty much on them. The Treehouse isn't an excuse either, seeing as how last year it lasted all day, every day. Besides, conferences have overlapped before, and they will overlap again in the future.

In summary, I think you're one of the few who think this, and I think you're making a hill out of a divot. But even if you're right, "meh" sums it up.