By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo E3 plans revealed

Terrible. Also looks like Mario Maker is their big bet this year.

2014>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2015

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:

Dude, Mario Maker was officially announced for September to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Mario Bros. Is not the holidays game 

QUAKECore89 said:

His body is always ready. And yeah, some AVGN references.

Lol yeah some stuff sure looked familiar .

gabzjmm23 said:
V-r0cK said:
As good as Nintendo's E3 digital event was, it just doesn't feel as exciting. I feel the excitement of E3 is having all the companies together under one roof, bringing out their best of the best live on stage.

If Nintendo continues with their digital event then they could not as well follow the E3 schedules and just show their own E3 digital events whenever they feel like (ie Christmas day) since they don't need to feel the pressure of organizing an on-stage performance to an audience.

it still feels exciting. it is true, if they go to digital they can do it anytime they want, but they are cooperating with E3 and that is something different than the normal live events they have done in the past. and digital is one of the best technology that we can use in today's world.  can edit and rehearse stuff properly and enjoy it afterwards. Rather than have those live mistakes and those would be the key moments of their presentation which is wrong.

Sony and MS should really use digital content videos for E3 presentations.  They can still go to the event live anyway.  

With Nintendo Direct shown numerous times a year a digital E3 event feels almost the same just longer with more announcments.  I would think a live stage performance just once a year wouldn't kill them, especially for the biggest gaming event.

I like to think of these like music concerts where watching a live concert is very different and more exciting than a music video.  If digital events becomes a trend then what will be taken away next? Stand up comedy, award shows, saturday night live etc...

Pavolink said:

More like Mario Maker is this years Splatoon, which I wouldn't say is far fetched.

Around the Network

It seems Nintendo will go back to the big stage on HW reveals only, so next yr I expect that return to unveil NX.

mZuzek said:
Clyde32 said:

What was wrong with last year's?

It's just kinda boring to not have crazy crowd reactions for awesome announcements.

That aside, the Digital Event is far superior in every way and I'm glad Nintendo's sticking with it. I bet it will be the standard soon enough.

That's what the live react videos on Twitch are for. There where many of them last year and there are surely a lot of them this year, too

shikamaru317 said:
Why are they doing their E3 direct at the same time as Square Enix's press conference? There is a 6 or 7 hour gap after Square Enix's press conference ends and before the PC gaming show begins, why not use that gap instead of making people choose between Nintendo and Square Enix? *sigh*

Why did Square-Enix choose the exact same time slot Nintendo does their presentations every year (as if it were going to change this year to accomidate S-E, lol). *sigh*

shikamaru317 said:
Why are they doing their E3 direct at the same time as Square Enix's press conference? There is a 6 or 7 hour gap after Square Enix's press conference ends and before the PC gaming show begins, why not use that gap instead of making people choose between Nintendo and Square Enix? *sigh*

Nintendo always does it on Tuesday at 9 a.m.. That's like complaining that Nintendo interchanged A with B and Y with X on their controllers, but people still do it.

I vastly prefer the digital event over the conference. I almost fell asleep during the live conferences last year; they're so awkward and have a ton of filler.

Meanwhile, Nintendo's kept me engaged the entire time. Bring it on.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread