By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo E3 plans revealed

alternine said:
Kinda lame how they're not doing a stage presentation again.

That´s what everybody was expecting and what all the fans wanted. Last year was superb.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
alternine said:

That´s what everybody was expecting and what all the fans wanted. Last year was superb.

One of the best Nintendo E3's in YEARS!

alternine said:

I really don't know why would anyone want a stage presenation after how great the E3 2014 Digital Event was.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

His body is always ready. And yeah, some AVGN references.

Having the video pre-made allows them to avoid the bloopers and awkward moments every company has. It also forces them to keep the focus on the games rather than talk about sales like they did at every live conference I've seen them do. It's a little disappointing that we can't get moments like Miyamoto appearing with Link's gear, but stuff like that loses its impact after the first time it is used-it wasn't as cool in 2010 as it was in 2004.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Hilarious, but really, that's it?

They want our reactions to save it for the real thing

Pocky Lover Boy! 

h2ohno said:
Having the video pre-made allows them to avoid the bloopers and awkward moments every company has. It also forces them to keep the focus on the games rather than talk about sales like they did at every live conference I've seen them do. It's a little disappointing that we can't get moments like Miyamoto appearing with Link's gear, but stuff like that loses its impact after the first time it is used-it wasn't as cool in 2010 as it was in 2004.

But bloopers and awkward moments are how memes get made. 

As good as Nintendo's E3 digital event was, it just doesn't feel as exciting. I feel the excitement of E3 is having all the companies together under one roof, bringing out their best of the best live on stage.

If Nintendo continues with their digital event then they could not as well follow the E3 schedules and just show their own E3 digital events whenever they feel like (ie Christmas day) since they don't need to feel the pressure of organizing an on-stage performance to an audience.

Wait, 25 years ago is 1990?

Too bad Bill accidentally ruined the joke

V-r0cK said:
As good as Nintendo's E3 digital event was, it just doesn't feel as exciting. I feel the excitement of E3 is having all the companies together under one roof, bringing out their best of the best live on stage.

If Nintendo continues with their digital event then they could not as well follow the E3 schedules and just show their own E3 digital events whenever they feel like (ie Christmas day) since they don't need to feel the pressure of organizing an on-stage performance to an audience.

it still feels exciting. it is true, if they go to digital they can do it anytime they want, but they are cooperating with E3 and that is something different than the normal live events they have done in the past. and digital is one of the best technology that we can use in today's world.  can edit and rehearse stuff properly and enjoy it afterwards. Rather than have those live mistakes and those would be the key moments of their presentation which is wrong.

Sony and MS should really use digital content videos for E3 presentations.  They can still go to the event live anyway.