By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can Splatoon Go on and Sell 3mil Lifetime? (Shipped+Digital) [Update: 2.42mil LTD, 80% There]

It's far from guaranteed, but since you asked "Can it...?" - Why not? Perfectly possible.

CU......or CF ?

Around the Network
Nogamez said:
No way too much maybe 650k lifetime

you wanted to say "first week", right?

Dr.Vita said:
No way, it will be even hard to sell 1.5M!

absoultly no way?

Slade6alpha said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

You're comment in those Splatoon threads are always amazing.

The fact that you feel the need to continue to quote me on this is quite amazing as well; the third time now? 

I was wrong. Splatoon sold very well. Congrats. 

I feel like I've seen these threads (about Splatoon sales) bumped so much (often by the same guy). I mean, geez, we get it. Know when to stop lol.

R.I.P crows

~4 Million B.C - 2015

tbone gonna serve 'em all

Around the Network
JamesGoblin said:
It's far from guaranteed, but since you asked "Can it...?" - Why not? Perfectly possible.

It's basically guaranteed. Splatoon shipment was at 2.42mil end of Sept. Bundle sold 140k in Nov us only. It needs to do under 440k by end of year. That will be achieved alone in Japan. 

Sold through should definitely be very close to 3mil if not above it by end of year. 

US about 900k excluding dec

Japan 1.1mil now

France 280k? 

I'm gonna go the extra mile.
I'm gonna say 5 million lifetime!

This is one of the great success stories so far this year (maybe in the entire generation). There were more doubts about Splatoon's commercial potential success with valid reasons such as being a new Nintendo IP, recent history (Codename STEAM, The Wonderful 101, etc.), and the low install base. Fortunately, Splatoon proved even the most adamant supporters wrong selling at a rate close to Mario Kart 8 and it is boosting Wii U sales, even if it is a little bit. People got invested in the game due to intuitive gameplay that slowly, but surely, grew as we continued to get free updates and as the players, themselves, started getting better.

tbone51 said:
Mummelmann said:
There are five 3 million sellers on the Wii U and all five are either Mario games or Nintendoland. So; no, 3 million is way too high an expectation. 1 million should be considered a raging success imo.

SSB aint a Mario game, and nobody buys it for Mario :p

That said yes i agree, 1mil would be a raging success, and though i think 3mil is a far reach, i believe if any game could get close to that figure on wiiu, it be this. 

I do believe This game is being underestimated (in sales), Hopefully its over 1mil before Holidays and its over 1.5mil By end of 2015, but i'll settle with 1mil at the same time...

Ryng_Tolu said:
gergroy said:
Nope, doubt it will even sell a million honestly. I'm expecting W101 numbers...

Well, maybe 3m is too much, but the W101 numbers are too low. According to COMG, Splatoon have more than 20 point. usually 1 point = 1,000 unit.

Splatoon is gonna to have more than 50 point before released, that mean +50,000 sold, maybe even more.

W101 first week sold just 5k...

I expect 1,500,000 lifetime for Splatoon, as well it can sell under 1m, but the W101 numbers seriusly no way.

You two need to eat some of that crow too, your predictions were just as crappy as the rest.

Teeqoz said:
tbone51 said:

Well, maybe 3m is too much, but the W101 numbers are too low. According to COMG, Splatoon have more than 20 point. usually 1 point = 1,000 unit.

Splatoon is gonna to have more than 50 point before released, that mean +50,000 sold, maybe even more.

W101 first week sold just 5k...

I expect 1,500,000 lifetime for Splatoon, as well it can sell under 1m, but the W101 numbers seriusly no way.

You two need to eat some of that crow too, your predictions were just as crappy as the rest.

Someone missed my 1mil sold in a MO th thread :p

Pass that crow over!