By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Witcher 3 graphics downgrade ??? (Opinion from a random guy on Internet)

Tagged games:

Tell how is your feeling now

F**K i am betrayed by the developer 82 42.93%

I don't care because i a... 47 24.61%

I am Idiot and cannot dif... 11 5.76%

Who cares because i am going to Pirate it 18 9.42%

As long as they give use ... 32 16.75%

Total:190

Well, if that is really representative of the final game then i suppose you have a point.

We kinda knew this was coming though.

Around the Network

yep, that's a downgrade. no doubt. (Still amazing looking though, just not when compared to the previous trailers)

Well i think it's downgrade and obviously is not because of console, the developer it self admitted they trying hard to coup with new PC card every year so they having difficulty to optimize it for every platform. They also admitted even the engine is not utilizing directX12 .

With the amount of downgrades we've all ready had this gen, would it really be THAT surprising if this is true?

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Big downgrade, but who cares?

Around the Network

starcraft said:
daredevil.shark said:
The game has gone through a downgrade. Like Ubisoft CDPR over hyped this game. They said they were targeting CGI like visuals. Lol. I knew something like thing happen. Now only saving grace will be the gameplay and story.

Did they?

Here it is.

“But when the game has the size of The Witcher 3 it becomes an incomparably bigger challenge and this is what makes our artists totally excited. Screenshots that we’ve shown are from an old build of the engine that ran using a dated renderer. Much of it is already rewritten and judging from the effects, we are aiming for CG quality of in-game graphics.

Source: http://gamingbolt.com/the-witcher-3-we-are-aiming-for-cg-quality-in-game-graphics

Yes, it looks like a downgrade.

We really need Tachi! U_u

I think even if it was a PC exclusive and every PC had 256GBs of HBM GPU, we still wouldn't see that kind of graphics. It's an open world games and it's all about how hard it is to pay attention to details with that level of graphics. I am still super hyped for the game and graphics.

You don't call a downgrade when an actual game looks worse than a cinematic trailer.

Sorry for my English.

curl-6 said:
daredevil.shark said:

Yeah. We knew the Witcher 3 buttshots are from PC max settings. But the thing is PC version is no where close it and consoles are far far away. I knew something like this happen. But when I saw CDPR name I though graphics might get there.

For next gen I expect the order 1886 like graphics in open world games. Because people wont be paying anything more than $399 for a console in next gen.

Yeah with PS4 flying off shelves with midrange power and pricing, I expect this to become the status quo moving forwards. It makes business sense.

I wouldn't worry much about it, those $399 are fully expected to give us consoles with around 14-15TFLOPS (current tech equivalent) GPUs, so some 8x PS4 - that is, IMO, enough, unless MSony and third parties go nuts and aim for native 4K and spend a lot of GPU budget on resolution.