By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Witcher 3 graphics downgrade ??? (Opinion from a random guy on Internet)

Tagged games:

Tell how is your feeling now

F**K i am betrayed by the developer 82 42.93%

I don't care because i a... 47 24.61%

I am Idiot and cannot dif... 11 5.76%

Who cares because i am going to Pirate it 18 9.42%

As long as they give use ... 32 16.75%

Total:190
daredevil.shark said:
HoloDust said:
It seemed that way for a while now. I think the main problem is that consoles are really limiting what multiplat devs can do.

Someone already mentioned Ubi, and I remember Epic hoping for 2.5TFLOPS consoles in order for them to bring real time global illumination in UE4. And, tbh, before generation started I was expecting MS to do just that. Alas...

Nevertheless, games still looks great, just not as great as it could've looked.

Most powerful console of this gen is PS4 and it has 1.84 TFLOP power. With $399 they took a loss $49 (estimated) per system. Better have weaker system instead of console makers going out of business. That said I hope developers show what the system can yield. Too many buttshots are happening that are damaging the gaming industry.

Back in the day me and few more people around here were guesstimating what PS4 and X720 would be like. For PS4 we were mostly right, expecting around 7970m level GPU, 8GB of RAM, and 3.2GHZ 8-core CPU...so we missed on CPU.

As for X720, it was about the same, but I thought MS would certainly want to have most powerfull console, so somewhat better GPU, especially since they listen to Epic...and if it was for better designers in MS, someone who would do what Cerny did for Sony, they could've had just that for $450 without Kinect.

Around the Network
zero129 said:
Ruler said:

Yes it does, it uses more tesselation, and the engine proves time and time again it can render big huge monster like this one who was downgraded

Isnt Bloodborne also a liner game?? The Witcher 3 is a massive open world game..

Bloodborne is an open world game with no loading screens. Its much smaller than witcher 3. But its still open world.

curl-6 said:
Ruler said:

Bloodborne clearly shows what the ps4 can, it looks better than the W3 espacially when it comes to tesselation

Bloodborne doesn't even come close to the pre-downgrade graphics of Witcher 3.

"Project beast" or bloodborne never got downgrade. The leaked pic showed ps3 like graphics and everyone knew it was work in progress. End result is much better (frame rate though isnt good).

Still looks great so I don't really care tbh.

daredevil.shark said:
curl-6 said:

Bloodborne doesn't even come close to the pre-downgrade graphics of Witcher 3.

"Project beast" or bloodborne never got downgrade. The leaked pic showed ps3 like graphics and everyone knew it was work in progress. End result is much better (frame rate though isnt good).

The end result of Bloodborne doesn't look better than Witcher 3's bullshots though, so it's not evidence that PS4 could have handled said bullshot quality graphics.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
daredevil.shark said:

The end result of Bloodborne doesn't look better than Witcher 3's bullshots though, so it's not evidence that PS4 could have handled said bullshot quality graphics.

Yeah. We knew the Witcher 3 buttshots are from PC max settings. But the thing is PC version is no where close it and consoles are far far away. I knew something like this happen. But when I saw CDPR name I though graphics might get there.

For next gen I expect the order 1886 like graphics in open world games. Because people wont be paying anything more than $399 for a console in next gen.

daredevil.shark said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah. We knew the Witcher 3 buttshots are from PC max settings. But the thing is PC version is no where close it and consoles are far far away. I knew something like this happen. But when I saw CDPR name I though graphics might get there.

For next gen I expect the order 1886 like graphics in open world games. Because people wont be paying anything more than $399 for a console in next gen.

Yeah with PS4 flying off shelves with midrange power and pricing, I expect this to become the status quo moving forwards. It makes business sense.

Still looks good. If it was a linear game, I'd be inclined to be more critical but given that it has a huge open world, it's more forgivable in my mind.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

My stance on this is the same as XCX: the reductions, while noticeable from a technical standpoint, still are not enough to cause serious harm to the overall visual experience. It still looks quite nice, therefore I don't care all that much.

Looks the same to me

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’