By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Witcher 3 graphics downgrade ??? (Opinion from a random guy on Internet)

Tagged games:

Tell how is your feeling now

F**K i am betrayed by the developer 82 42.93%

I don't care because i a... 47 24.61%

I am Idiot and cannot dif... 11 5.76%

Who cares because i am going to Pirate it 18 9.42%

As long as they give use ... 32 16.75%

Total:190
BraLoD said:
If this pics are trustable the lightning effect was severely reduced, as well as particles and seems like even draw distance and seems like things were taken away as the game seems less "alive" and full of stuff as before.

Does that happen to PC games as well? I mean, the previous one was done somewhere in some PC, why would they take things away in a platform that has no fixed specs? Or is it console footage?

You can watch all the uncompres video here :http://www.gamersyde.com/news_the_witcher_3_rage_steel_trailer-16519_en.html

and they also have other video from previous build and new build all from the PC version

Around the Network

Seems as though he's just swapped pc screens for consoles. Timing being my main reason for the suspicion. Why not argue the case before console footage had been seen?

It seemed that way for a while now. I think the main problem is that consoles are really limiting what multiplat devs can do.

Someone already mentioned Ubi, and I remember Epic hoping for 2.5TFLOPS consoles in order for them to bring real time global illumination in UE4. And, tbh, before generation started I was expecting MS to do just that. Alas...

Nevertheless, games still looks great, just not as great as it could've looked.

shikamaru317 said:

However, it's clear that there was a downgrade. I get the feeling that it's because 8th gen consoles weren't as powerful as CD Projekt was expecting, and they had already committed themselves to making console versions and didn't want to go back on that commitment. That was rumored to be the reason for the Watch Dogs downgrade as well. There was a report that suggested that Ubisoft was hoping for about 2400-2600 gflops for 8th gen consoles, but in the end Xbox One is 1300 gflops and PS4 is 1800 gflops.

Yeah, there's no way PS4 and Xbox One would be spitting out visuals like the early screens of Witcher 3 showed. Maybe they didn't want console buyers to feel like they were getting a butchered version, so they scaled the whole thing down the console specs in mind.

HoloDust said:
It seemed that way for a while now. I think the main problem is that consoles are really limiting what multiplat devs can do.

Someone already mentioned Ubi, and I remember Epic hoping for 2.5TFLOPS consoles in order for them to bring real time global illumination in UE4. And, tbh, before generation started I was expecting MS to do just that. Alas...

Nevertheless, games still looks great, just not as great as it could've looked.

Most powerful console of this gen is PS4 and it has 1.84 TFLOP power. With $399 they took a loss $49 (estimated) per system. Better have weaker system instead of console makers going out of business. That said I hope developers show what the system can yield. Too many buttshots are happening that are damaging the gaming industry.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

At some point in development the artstyle was changed for one thing, CD Projekt decided to go for less realism and more art. However, it's clear that there was a downgrade. I get the feeling that it's because 8th gen consoles weren't as powerful as CD Projekt was expecting, and they had already committed themselves to making console versions and didn't want to go back on that commitment. That was rumored to be the reason for the Watch Dogs downgrade as well. There was a report that suggested that Ubisoft was hoping for about 2400-2600 gflops for 8th gen consoles, but in the end Xbox One is 1300 gflops and PS4 is 1800 gflops.

Witcher 3 still looks gorgeous though, so frankly I don't really care about the downgrade. It's still one of the top 5 games so far this generation graphically imo.

Bloodborne clearly shows what the ps4 can, it looks better than the W3 espacially when it comes to tesselation

curl-6 said:
shikamaru317 said:

However, it's clear that there was a downgrade. I get the feeling that it's because 8th gen consoles weren't as powerful as CD Projekt was expecting, and they had already committed themselves to making console versions and didn't want to go back on that commitment. That was rumored to be the reason for the Watch Dogs downgrade as well. There was a report that suggested that Ubisoft was hoping for about 2400-2600 gflops for 8th gen consoles, but in the end Xbox One is 1300 gflops and PS4 is 1800 gflops.

Yeah, there's no way PS4 and Xbox One would be spitting out visuals like the early screens of Witcher 3 showed. Maybe they didn't want console buyers to feel like they were getting a butchered version, so they scaled the whole thing down the console specs in mind.

Bloodborne clearly shows the ps4 could handle it. Witcher 3 is a multiplat after all, thats the main problem here

Ruler said:
shikamaru317 said:

At some point in development the artstyle was changed for one thing, CD Projekt decided to go for less realism and more art. However, it's clear that there was a downgrade. I get the feeling that it's because 8th gen consoles weren't as powerful as CD Projekt was expecting, and they had already committed themselves to making console versions and didn't want to go back on that commitment. That was rumored to be the reason for the Watch Dogs downgrade as well. There was a report that suggested that Ubisoft was hoping for about 2400-2600 gflops for 8th gen consoles, but in the end Xbox One is 1300 gflops and PS4 is 1800 gflops.

Witcher 3 still looks gorgeous though, so frankly I don't really care about the downgrade. It's still one of the top 5 games so far this generation graphically imo.

Bloodborne clearly shows what the ps4 can, it looks better than the W3 espacially when it comes to tesselation

Bloodborne doesn't even come close to the pre-downgrade graphics of Witcher 3.

curl-6 said:
Ruler said:

Yes it does, it uses more tesselation, and the engine proves time and time again it can render big huge monster like this one who was downgraded

Ruler said:
curl-6 said:

Yes it does, it uses more tesselation, and the engine proves time and time again it can render big huge monster like this one who was downgraded

No, it doesn't.