By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Witcher 3 graphics downgrade ??? (Opinion from a random guy on Internet)

Tagged games:

Tell how is your feeling now

F**K i am betrayed by the developer 82 42.93%

I don't care because i a... 47 24.61%

I am Idiot and cannot dif... 11 5.76%

Who cares because i am going to Pirate it 18 9.42%

As long as they give use ... 32 16.75%

Total:190

I'll take that as a downgrade. It looks great to me.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

It looks like Skyrim with slightly higher resolution now....

WAS PC game
IS CONSOLE game

There you have your answer ;)

Probably "fuck we cant do this on lowtech consoles. Lets do this on PC then. But wait if the PC version looks so much better... Less people will buy the game on console which is our main source of income now and more people will pirate it on PC. Lets also downgrade the PC version then. Parity FTW!"

CD Project said "no Dlc", we have dlc. They said "no downgrades", we have downgrades (not little ones).

I´m relatively ok with those 2 things, but not with the lies.

JazzB1987 said:

WAS PC game
IS CONSOLE game

There you have your answer ;)

Probably "fuck we cant do this on lowtech consoles. Lets do this on PC then. But wait if the PC version looks so much better... Less people will buy the game on console which is our main source of income now and more people will pirate it on PC. Lets also downgrade the PC version then. Parity FTW!"

don't think so. Pc is a big source of income for CDPR, witcher was born as a pc game, and probably the number of pc gamers who are going to buy this game is on par if not bigger with ps4 audience.

It's not like all this cool lightning and particular effects are easy to implement as some people thinks. Developers don't just click a "make this awesome" button and it works, they require a lot of work.  witcher 3 is a pc game in the first place, but this don't mean it's easy to render the graphic in the first trailer.

Looks like a big downgrade to me, and it's even more offensive being CDPR praised almost everyday for their big "morality" and respect for gamers.

Around the Network

A game is not finished until the game is launched. Really hate these threads we have gotten with every major release.

Would people rather that they keep the games in the dark until the very day it launches? Games does optimasion all throughout the development and sometime they need to cut at some corners because they realise it's to much for the game to handle or just makes the performance crap.

Stop watching trailers and other game videos releated to a game pre-release if you get so upset with game development.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

kivi95 said:

A game is not finished until the game is launched. Really hate these threads we have gotten with every major release.

Would people rather that they keep the games in the dark until the very day it launches? Games does optimasion all throughout the development and sometime they need to cut at some corners because they realise it's to much for the game to handle or just makes the performance crap.

Stop watching trailers and other game videos releated to a game pre-release if you get so upset with game development.

You mean unless all the patches and DLC rolled out?

Or do you mean "ready to be attacked because of flaws" instead of "finished"? Then I agree.

yeah it surely was downgraded, but it still looks amazing and like a fucking awesome game.

kivi95 said:

the game went gold, its finished. 

Every single game, from every single developer gets a visual downgrade, from Uncharted 2 to Sunset Overdrive to this.

Some developers get caught out (Ubisoft), sometimes the differences are minimal (Uncharted 2) and other times people just dont care (Sunset Overdrive).

Wither 3 has clearly had a downgrade, from what I can see its just minimal cinematic stuff. No biggie.