By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - List your top graphical games that sucked in gameplay

Lair, that game was god awful. Pretty much every Sonic 3D game.

Around the Network

Perfect Dark Zero. It looked nice, and had large multiplayer maps. However, once the awesomeness of "ZOMG PERFECT DARK SEQUEL!!!" wore off, it was bland. The only exception was the infection gametype, which it had before Halo 3 did.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
MikeB said:

Games like UT3, Heavenly Sword and Motorstorm IMO offer interesting and pretty good gameplay experiences in addition to good graphics.

For some games like Condemned (360), Rumble Roses (360) and Genji2 (PS3) these seemed to provide more graphical push than gameplay push.

But generally speaking the best games also seem to receive relatively good graphical polish. Like Mario Galaxy (for Wii standards), Uncharted (PS3), Kameo (360), etc. Certainly bad graphics don't assure good gameplay nor vice versa, I am sure the bulk of the top 100 worst games also provide horrible graphics.

Wii Sports with good graphics for instance in the style of Everybody's Golf wouldn't make the game any worse, it would actually add to the experience. Similarly the core gameplay of Pacman was good, but for instance improved versions like the one by Edgar M Vigdal Deluxe Pocmon with all its bells and whistles IMO offers a far more enjoyable experience. Pacman on the Atari 2600 was horrible, also due to its graphics compared to the arcade version.

I was not trying to say that good graphics equals bad game play or the reverse.  I just was trying to point out that in a day in time where graphics seems to mean everything, some dev teams have become lazy putting very little into the game experience and just giving us polished terds.  Just wanted to get some opinions on what those PT's were that is all.

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

motor storm: excellent graphics but the game was to short it only had about twenty races and the japanese copy i got through import didnt even have an
online mode

<

psn ID: smiles123

MGS4 is the greatest game ever

Ultima X

Around the Network

Well, I think my ultimate example of this is UTIII. I didn't play with a mouse/keyboard setup. That may have helped, but I can't see it making the game that much more interesting.

I don't know if I'm remembering it correctly, but Geist for the GC sticks out in my mind as a good looking game that sucked hard.

My End of 2008 Hardware Predictions (console only):

Wii : 50 million

360: 28 million

PS3: 24 million

These predictions were made on January 3rd and won't be revised

LINK

Star Fox Adventures was stunning graphically, but not a very highly acclaimed game.

Brawl FC: 4296-2855-3469

Final Fantasy 8 at the time, now it looks as bad as it plays, it hasnt dated well

Wii code: 6355-7594-5867-2364 Wii name: Mo Smash Bros Brawl: 5198-6095-4615 Cue Sports Revolution: 5327-4649-0447 Mario Kart Wii: 3308-8543-5834

SIG A.W.O.L

Rogue Squadron 3: Rebel Strike.  Probably had the best graphics for a Gamecube game, but the on-foot missions just killed it all for me, and the flying missions were pretty dull at that. 

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Any of the Resident Evil games before RE 4, with particular emphasis on Resident Evil 2 for the original Playstation. It was still scary as hell and the graphics and CG cutscenes were great, but the gameplay blew hard because of cool looking but ultimately stupid camera angles. Thank goodness RE 4 changed all of that...