By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - List your top graphical games that sucked in gameplay

Super Mario Galaxy? Metroid Prime 3? Endless Ocean?
Are you kidding?
No way they belong to nice graphics - bad gameplay category. Someone, please, tell me this is just a joke!

wii number: 8166 7045 0170 7783 (don't forget to inform me if you add me)

Around the Network
Gnizmo said:
Should Endless Ocean really count? The entire game was just looking at pretty things from what I have seen so I don't think it can be faulted for bad gameplay. Maybe there is more to the game then what I know.

Metroid Prime 3, Lair, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, Crysis, and Halo 3 come to mind. Maybe Super Mario Galaxy, but with a second person the game becomes a lot more fun. After I finally beat it I will make my final judgment. There are more from earlier gens but I don't feel like listing them all.

There is definitely fault at gameplay, Mostly from the fact there's only 1 option to interact with the animals. (by rubbing them). Lack of reaction from all the creatures and the fact you can't interact with them more than just 'rubbing' makes you wonder what it could've been.

If you want to look at pretty things, go buy Planet Earth. When I have a game, I expect a bit more 'interaction' with it. 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I would say Motorstorm using the SIX-AXIS.....But without the SIX-AXIS, it was fine...

Since when does the rubbing of fishes determines good or bad gameplay? What a strange way of justification!!! Endless Ocean is not exactly a video game to be judged by the rubbings you do.

wii number: 8166 7045 0170 7783 (don't forget to inform me if you add me)

clapiotis said:
Super Mario Galaxy? Metroid Prime 3? Endless Ocean?
Are you kidding?
No way they belong to nice graphics - bad gameplay category. Someone, please, tell me this is just a joke!

I do not understand this either, I loved the gameplay in SMG and MP3.  I have not gotten EO, but plan to later on.  Just people's opinions, but I was expecting something more from this then what we are getting so far.

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

Around the Network

Doom 3, anyone? A phenomenally pretty game when it came out, and the Xbox version even pushed that system to its limits. But the gameplay basically amounted to, "Oh, look, a closet; I wonder if it has a monster in it."

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Halo 3.

Great graphics, but a god awful story/single-player mode can only be masked so much by a good multiplayer mode. we already did that in Halo 2, so the single player looked so much worse in Halo 3 once we caught on to Bungie's trick of giving us shit for SP and greatness for MP.

Ooh, another one:

Zelda (Wii) yes
Zelda (Gamecube) no

Look at the posting histories of those suggesting said games kazadoom and clapiotis, and all queries shall be answered.

Games like UT3, Heavenly Sword and Motorstorm IMO offer interesting and pretty good gameplay experiences in addition to good graphics.

For some games like Condemned (360), Rumble Roses (360) and Genji2 (PS3) these seemed to provide more graphical push than gameplay push.

But generally speaking the best games also seem to receive relatively good graphical polish. Like Mario Galaxy (for Wii standards), Uncharted (PS3), Kameo (360), etc. Certainly bad graphics don't assure good gameplay nor vice versa, I am sure the bulk of the top 100 worst games also provide horrible graphics.

Wii Sports with good graphics for instance in the style of Everybody's Golf wouldn't make the game any worse, it would actually add to the experience. Similarly the core gameplay of Pacman was good, but for instance improved versions like the one by Edgar M Vigdal Deluxe Pocmon with all its bells and whistles IMO offers a far more enjoyable experience. Pacman on the Atari 2600 was horrible, also due to its graphics compared to the arcade version.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales