By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - List your top graphical games that sucked in gameplay

kingofwale said:

more than just 'rubbing'

... okay, I'll not ask...

Around the Network

Lair. Nuff said.

1.)For me, it's Mario Galaxy. It's the best looking looking Wii game, but the same can't be said about the games gameplay. The game had a lame camera, and the water levels controlled like shit. Also, I feel that the game did nothing to improve 3D Mario.

2.)Uncharted is another one of these games. The games gameplay was merely room-to-room gun fights with a little bit of platforming thrown in there, too. This is an action/adventure game. I tend to like puzzles and more exploration in my action/adventure games. I never finished Uncharted because it got stale after a while.

3.) Gear of War didn't exactly excel in gameplay, niether. First off, the game was way too short. I guess if you're into the games online, then it may have been a better experience for you. But, for me, the games gameplay wasn't really all that. 

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

lol @ Mario Galaxy comments.

I haven't played many games lately that would be considered graphically top of the line. I'm tempted to say Oblivion. The combat annoyed the hell out of me. However, I don't think I gave it enough time to really get used to it.

In Bioshock it took me awhile to get used to cycling through my weapons/plasmids/items quickly. I wouldn't say it sucked though.

Ok... Why does everyone seem to hate Galaxy's gameplay now when it was probably the best thing about the game last year? I'm confuzzled! @_@

About the topic, I think I'll go with Assassin's Creed. While the concept was very interesting, the gameplay just felt wayyyy too repetitive (worse than BioShock IMO). Though, I have to say that it's not a bad game.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

iconeternal is right about Rise of the Robots. That's for damn sure! Wow. I was so happy to have forgotten that piece of shit. I haven't played Microcosm though.

Garcian Smith is right about Doom 3. Man that game broke my heart. The whole time I was playing it on my roommate's XBox I was wondering why we weren't just going through Doom 1 and 2 on co-op for the millionth time, and actually having fun. I also didn't like the new plot that relaunched the series as a Half-Life rip-off instead of just ditching the plot or using the old tried-and-true plot of "Oh shit demons blast 'em!"

Devil May Cry 4 - great graphics but the gameplay sucked big time. Just a button masher, no skill required and the levels were so repetitive, the in game music only one main music track each for Nero and Dante. Grand Theft Auto 4 - it has not even been released but I bet it will have awesome graphics but the gameplay would be so meh. Been there done it all before in the 10 other Grand Theft Auto titles in the series.

resident evil 4 wii - awful, frustrating controls
team fortress 2 pc - felt stale for something so hyped up. i love the graphical syle but the gameplay is nothing new.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

^
How is RE4 for the Wii considered good graphics? the graphics on that game is 2 years past it's prime and a generation late.

@Rock_on_2008 - you can't beat DMC4 (unless you turned on Easy and automatic) by mashing on buttons. Show us your stats on XBL or PSN to prove how good you are in DMC4. I've beaten the game on every difficulty besides HOH and I've never encountered a stage where you could mash your way through.

Anyways, my answer is Doom 3. Best graphics for it's time but nothing chanced in terms of gameplay from Doom 1, monsters apparently love to wait in doors and closets all day.

bbsin I do all games on easy mode then I pass a judgement lol. I only have XBox 360 but no XBox Live atm. I am saving for a PS3 and waiting for GT5 and FFXIII to arrive.
I returned DMC 4 after only 5 days and got Mass Effect instead.