By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where will Yooka Laylee sell the most on 8th gen consoles?

Highest Selling Version?

PS4 266 45.01%

WIIU 313 52.96%

XBO 12 2.03%

Total:591

poor xb1 has 3 votes :(

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
vivster said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

If poor_marketting = 1
Wii U
else
PS4

Realistically, PS could market it, but I doubt it.

Userbase really doesn't matter if the game is too obscure.

One might think it's the other way around.

If it's too obscure even less people will stumble upon it on a small install base. Not to incite anything but my understanding is that the average Nintendo gamer is less informed than their Playstation/Xbox brethren.  And with that an obscure game becomes practically non existent. Nintendo fans are loud on the internet but that doesn't reflect in the sales of non-Nintendo games.

So I'd say if it is obscure on all 3 platforms PS4 has this one in the bag and X1 might even edge out Wii U as well.

It's not obscure, all the gaming media are talking about it.

For how long though, I need 2 see some ads or commercials

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Playstation has had many very well selling platformers too, and since the installbase difference when this releases (I think it'll be closer to holiday 2016 due all the stretch goals they have to fulfill) is likely to be what, 40 million? the PS4 will win this. I know I'm buying it at least.

I'd say ps4 due to the install base.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Based solely on the way the poll has gone up... there will be 2,500,000 sales on PS4 and 2,500,010 sales on Wii-U.

So there we have it.

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Samus Aran said:

It's not obscure, all the gaming media are talking about it.

For how long though, I need 2 see some ads or commercials

Shovel Knight was a commercial success and this game has ten times the media attention.

Omg, first thing that the topic creator states: "No arguing because of different opinions". But of course... That never turns out well, because everyone is so serious about proving themselves right on an internet forum.

On topic. It would be HILARIOUS if the game sold the best on Xbox One.
Although I'll say Wii U, followed by PS4 or PC.

OfficerRaichu15 said:

2. Nintendo fans love their games

What does that even mean? Are you saying fans of other platforms don't love their games? It makes no sense.

Why no Mac, PC and Linux options?

If it's a good game and there is any justice in the world then it better outsell Knack. And since Knack is the best selling non-sequel / not based on existing IP (e.g. Mario) 3D platformer of the generation then I'm going to go with PS4. The install base difference will be too big. Wii U will have the highest attach rate.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

PS4, like most other multiplats.

Given this game just started development like 3 weeks ago and won't even be funded until mid-June, by the time it actually releases Nintendo could very well have moved on to their next home console. How quickly do you think a half-dozen people can make a full-fledged 3D platformer? A Hat in Time was funded almost two years ago, and there's still no word on a release date.

If Yooka-Laylee releases at any time in 2017 or later, how in the world is it supposed to sell best on a console with at least one foot out the door?

the_dengle said:

PS4, like most other multiplats.

Given this game just started development like 3 weeks ago and won't even be funded until mid-June, by the time it actually releases Nintendo could very well have moved on to their next home console. How quickly do you think a half-dozen people can make a full-fledged 3D platformer? A Hat in Time was funded almost two years ago, and there's still no word on a release date.

If Yooka-Laylee releases at any time in 2017 or later, how in the world is it supposed to sell best on a console with at least one foot out the door?

A Hat in Time is made by inexperienced people and development started 3 months ago with Yooka-Laylee. And look how much they were able to do already.

This is made by some of the most experienced developers in the world and they will expand their team to 15 people or more after the kickstarter (the size of an N64 team). They litterally said that in their kickstarter page and in interviews. That's not including the guys responsible for the music and sound (Grant Kirkhope, David Wise and Steve Burke). They will also collect a lot more money than a Hat in Time. A Hat in Time also has major engine problems for consoles while Playtonic uses the Unity engine for all platforms which is easy to use.

As long as they don't start overpromising with stretch goals they'll be fine.