By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where will Yooka Laylee sell the most on 8th gen consoles?

Highest Selling Version?

PS4 266 45.01%

WIIU 313 52.96%

XBO 12 2.03%

Total:591
Miyamotoo said:
I think biggest attach rate will have on Wii U and best selling on PS4.

Thats a good way of putting it and I agree.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Twilord said:

You make a good point. Truthfully though... as much as I'd  love for it to sell well enough for that to really take effect I'm not sure it'll sell more than 5 million. 

... okay now I'm hoping you're right but still convinced I am... so that makes this a lose-lose proposition where I'm either wrong or the game suffers unfairly...

I just hope the game does well on all platforms and more 3D platformers will be made

That is my dream; those are the types of games I want to be working on (I've been working on a 3D endless runner for Android for like 2 years and only recently started learning code - I'm a GUI designer and 3D modeller already).

I guess I just don't want to get my hopes up too much for the future of the industry to play out the way I dream of. I mean last I checked NSMBU outsold SM3DW... and SM3DW, too me, was the best Mario since SMW... - but hopefully that was because of butthurt that it wasn't Galaxy 3, ironically seemingly because it wasn't enough like SM64 and Banjo-Kazooie.

Sorry I'm ramblig.

vivster said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

If poor_marketting = 1
Wii U
else
PS4

Realistically, PS could market it, but I doubt it.

Userbase really doesn't matter if the game is too obscure.

One might think it's the other way around.

If it's too obscure even less people will stumble upon it on a small install base. Not to incite anything but my understanding is that the average Nintendo gamer is less informed than their Playstation/Xbox brethren.  And with that an obscure game becomes practically non existent. Nintendo fans are loud on the internet but that doesn't reflect in the sales of non-Nintendo games.

So I'd say if it is obscure on all 3 platforms PS4 has this one in the bag and X1 might even edge out Wii U as well.

It's not obscure, all the gaming media are talking about it.

PS4. I believe many gamers who grew up with Banjo have probably moved on to PC and/or PS4 / XB1. Sheer numbers will make the difference.

PS4 because of install base, but Wii U will have the largest attach rate.

Around the Network
Twilord said:
KLXVER said:

I just hope the game does well on all platforms and more 3D platformers will be made

That is my dream; those are the types of games I want to be working on (I've been working on a 3D endless runner for Android for like 2 years and only recently started learning code - I'm a GUI designer and 3D modeller already).

I guess I just don't want to get my hopes up too much for the future of the industry to play out the way I dream of. I mean last I checked NSMBU outsold SM3DW... and SM3DW, too me, was the best Mario since SMW... - but hopefully that was because of butthurt that it wasn't Galaxy 3, ironically seemingly because it wasn't enough like SM64 and Banjo-Kazooie.

Sorry I'm ramblig.

I personally think SM3DW is the weakest of the console 3D Marios, but it was still fun.

Wish you luck with your game

KLXVER said:
Twilord said:

Sorry I'm ramblig.

I personally think SM3DW is the weakest of the console 3D Marios, but it was still fun.

Wish you luck with your game

Heh, well thankfully I'm finding you very easy to respectfully disagree with.

Many Nintendofans that loved 3D platformers back in the day and funded the Kickstarter do not own a Wii U because they grew up but Nintendo didn't grow up with them. So I would say PS4 as almost nobody owns a Wii-U.

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

Depends if it will be physical release

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

I'm gonna guess PS4. I grew up with Nintendo, but I'll be getting it for the PC. If there's any chance of that version having a higher graphical fidelity, I'm gonna go for it.