By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where will Yooka Laylee sell the most on 8th gen consoles?

Highest Selling Version?

PS4 266 45.01%

WIIU 313 52.96%

XBO 12 2.03%

Total:591
Samus Aran said:
teigaga said:

PS4 and by a large margin. I don't agree with OP points favouring Wii U.

Points 1, 2 and 4 are all the same and are base of flawed logic. N64 audience =/= Wii U audience. Those who own both platforms (Wii U+PS4, presumably a fair portion of Wii U owners by the time this game is out) will mostly go for the PS4 version due to better graphics/performance.

3. Nintendo fans buy Mario like crack*, lets not ignore how mediocre knack has outsold every non mario platformer on Wii U. If anything the abunance of quality exclusive platformers on Wii U versus the PS4 will work in the PS4's favour.

The fact that a late release of Rayman Legends on PS4 > the original, hyped Wii U release should be clear enough indication that PS4 will take the sales crown easily.

Because it was bundled and a launch game. Japanese gamers had no other option than to get Knack at launch. Calling Knack mediocre is being generous imo.

I at first put terrible but then didn't want to offend any Knack fans lol

Remove all japanese sales  (420k) and Knack still sits at 940k, behind only DK which recently passed 1m (congrats!!!)

Around the Network
Twilord said:
Question for those who think that this will sell better on PS4 because of install base; does that mean that a spiritual successor to Crash Bandicoot would have sold better on Wii than on PS3?

(That may be a bad example, since it actually would have had more reason to turn out that way...)

I base my reasons on the fact that third party games usually does better on PS consoles and that 3D platformers are big on PS consoles as well. People can choose on the WiiU. The PS4 doesnt really have a single 3D platformer(unless you count Knack)

Twilord said:
Question for those who think that this will sell better on PS4 because of install base; does that mean that a spiritual successor to Crash Bandicoot would have sold better on Wii than on PS3?

(That may be a bad example, since it actually would have had more reason to turn out that way...)

Yes it (probably) would have :) 

Wii owners would have lapped that shit up!+ many of whom were PS2 owners, and many PS2 owners bought 360s over PS3's.

Userbase isn't EVERYTHING but why are people acting like the PS4 doesn't have a hugely diverse audience, that will only grow with its sales.

teigaga said:
Samus Aran said:

Because it was bundled and a launch game. Japanese gamers had no other option than to get Knack at launch. Calling Knack mediocre is being generous imo.

I at first put terrible but then didn't want to offend any Knack fans lol

Remove all japanese sales  (420k) and Knack still sits at 940k, behind only DK which recently passed 1m (congrats!!!)

But what other non-Mario platformers has Nintendo released?

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. A sequel to the least popular Kirby game. I don't even consider this a platformer btw.

And then there's Rayman Legends which sold on par with the other console versions. Keep in mind that a lot of Wii U owners were pissed about the delay of this game (and the reason for it).

Yoshi's Woolly World will outsell Knack I think.

Twilord said:

Maybe. The Wii userbase was filled with platformer fans.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

If it was released now PS4.

In October 2016, when the difference is 25 million consoles, I'm pretty sure it will still be PS4

Slarvax said:
Twilord said:

Maybe. The Wii userbase was filled with platformer fans.

Was it? or was it filled with fans of platformers made by Nintendo?

Twilord said:

yes it wouldve easily outsold a ps3 version o.o

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

KLXVER said:
Twilord said:

I base my reasons on the fact that third party games usually does better on PS consoles and that 3D platformers are big on PS consoles as well. People can choose on the WiiU. The PS4 doesnt really have a single 3D platformer(unless you count Knack)

I don't really think Sonic or Pacman count as other options... but the sentiment that we will have a choice between 3D World and this does kinda matter, though I don't know that it matters near as much as the sheer joyous rapture in the Nintendomain of having a new 'Rare' game.

Twilord said:
KLXVER said:

I don't really think Sonic or Pacman count as other options... but the sentiment that we will have a choice between 3D World and this does kinda matter, though I don't know that it matters near as much as the sheer joyous rapture in the Nintendomain of having a new 'Rare' game.

Sure it will be great for many of us that love them, but how many of us that enjoy them own a WiiU now?