By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where will Yooka Laylee sell the most on 8th gen consoles?

Highest Selling Version?

PS4 266 45.01%

WIIU 313 52.96%

XBO 12 2.03%

Total:591
KLXVER said:
generic-user-1 said:

but the wiiu is close with a lot less hardware.  and this game looks like a nintendo game and is made with a nintendo console in mind.

the xboneport  will bomb hard, not many rare fans left after a decade of zombie rare...

Rayman Legends also looks like a Nintendo game and was made with the WiiU in mind. Many Nintendo fans love platformers, but they usually love platformers made by Nintendo...

Rayman has a fanbase on ps too.  rare games never had, and this game looks like a rare game.

Around the Network

lots people gonna get reported! D:

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

teigaga said:

Rayman Legends

PS4: 0.54m
vs
Wii U:0.50m

PS4 version of Rayman legends was released 5months after the game was already available on 4 platforms (PS3, 360, Wii U, PSvita)

But still the userbase thing is poor...

The ps3 version is at 0.57m...

And in North America the wii u version is above both by 90k...

generic-user-1 said:
KLXVER said:
generic-user-1 said:

but the wiiu is close with a lot less hardware.  and this game looks like a nintendo game and is made with a nintendo console in mind.

the xboneport  will bomb hard, not many rare fans left after a decade of zombie rare...

Rayman Legends also looks like a Nintendo game and was made with the WiiU in mind. Many Nintendo fans love platformers, but they usually love platformers made by Nintendo...

Rayman has a fanbase on ps too.  rare games never had, and this game looks like a rare game.

and? PS fans never had the chance to play them. They had a fair amount of 3D platformers that did very well though.

EricFabian said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Well if install base is that important wouldn't PS4 win by default then?

the point is: 

PS3 - 0,54

Wii U - 0,5

We should all know by now that direct userbase comparisons between consoles at the end of their life vs consoles at the beginning do not make sense.

Whether we're looking at Thief, Watchdogs, Destiny or esssentially everything after the PS4's launch:

PS4 software sales > PS3 sales

This is in spite of the PS3's 60-70m userbase advantage at the time of release.

Around the Network

Go to the yooka-laylee kickstarter page and go to comments. Hold down "End" while clicking "show more comments" because sites display comments this way for some inexplicable reason. Do this until you get a few hundred on the page. Then CTRL+F for "PS4," "Wii U" "xbox" "PC " and see how many times each is mentioned.

I did this for comments from the last 24 hours, and here are the results.

Wii U - 239
PS4 or Playstation - 108
Xbox or xbone - 78
PC - 134 (i found that a LOT of these are people going "only PC version gets a physical release? i want that on x system instead" so not sure how much this actually matters)

So I'm gonna guess Wii U. Also Nintendo fans like 3D platformers, grew up with Rare, etc.

RushJet1 on: 

Bandcamp

YouTube

Twitter

PwerlvlAmy said:
lots people gonna get reported! D:

Just having a discussion. Not criticising anyones opinions

tak13 said:
teigaga said:

Rayman Legends

PS4: 0.54m
vs
Wii U:0.50m

PS4 version of Rayman legends was released 5months after the game was already available on 4 platforms (PS3, 360, Wii U, PSvita)

We're talking about the PS4 my friend ;)

teigaga said:
tak13 said:

I know that....It's still a poor thing...

Attach rate is more important,many here acting like the ps4 version will outsell the wii u version by a huge marging because of the installbase difference but the userbase will only make ps4 to be sligthly ahead the wii u version at  best...

tak13 said:
teigaga said:

I know that....It's still a poor thing...

Attach rate is more important,many here acting like the ps4 version will outsell the wii u version by a huge marging because of the installbase difference but the userbase will only make ps4 to be sligthly ahead the wii u version at  best...

Who said the PS4 version will outsell the WiiU version by a large margin...?