By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where will Yooka Laylee sell the most on 8th gen consoles?

Highest Selling Version?

PS4 266 45.01%

WIIU 313 52.96%

XBO 12 2.03%

Total:591
Goodnightmoon said:
Slarvax said:
PS4. A bunch of Nintendo fans may have moved on to another system, more than likely PS4. Xbox 360 owners moved also to PS4, and many were dissapointed by Nuts & Bolts. Multiconsole owners should pick PS4. And lastly, userbase.

They are going to use the special features of WiiU ( gamepad ) and their tecnical director is a big WiiU fan, and knows the console, he has said that  is looking for parity on the systems.

So I´m not so sure about ps4 version being the best option.

Rayman Legends sold best on the PS3...

Around the Network

Alot of people are voteing Wii U or saying it (and I agree, think Wii U sells abit more than ps4).
However I think it might be closer than people think between the ps4 and wii u.

KLXVER said:
Goodnightmoon said:

They are going to use the special features of WiiU ( gamepad ) and their tecnical director is a big WiiU fan, and knows the console, he has said that  is looking for parity on the systems.

80 milions ps3 VS 5 millions wiiu on its release.

(ok now i´m really out of here :P)

KLXVER said:
Goodnightmoon said:

On a userbase that's 9 times bigger it sold slightly better. Not impressed.

PS4 and by a large margin. I don't agree with OP points favouring Wii U.

Points 1, 2 and 4 are all the same and are base of flawed logic. N64 audience =/= Wii U audience. Those who own both platforms (Wii U+PS4, presumably a fair portion of Wii U owners by the time this game is out) will mostly go for the PS4 version due to better graphics/performance.

3. Nintendo fans buy Mario like crack*, lets not ignore how mediocre knack has outsold every non mario platformer on Wii U. If anything the abunance of quality exclusive platformers on Wii U versus the PS4 will work in the PS4's favour.

The fact that a late release of Rayman Legends on PS4 > the original, hyped Wii U release should be clear enough indication that PS4 will take the sales crown easily.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
KLXVER said:

80 milions ps3 VS 5 millions wiiu on its realease.

Yeah and the PS4 will probably be way ahead of the WiiU when this one releases sometime in 2016.

KLXVER said:
Goodnightmoon said:

but the wiiu is close with a lot less hardware.  and this game looks like a nintendo game and is made with a nintendo console in mind.

the xboneport  will bomb hard, not many rare fans left after a decade of zombie rare...

Rayman Legends

PS4: 0.54m
vs
Wii U:0.50m

PS4 version of Rayman legends was released 5months after the game was already available on 4 platforms (PS3, 360, Wii U, PSvita)

generic-user-1 said:
KLXVER said:

but the wiiu is close with a lot less hardware.  and this game looks like a nintendo game and is made with a nintendo console in mind.

the xboneport  will bomb hard, not many rare fans left after a decade of zombie rare...

Rayman Legends also looks like a Nintendo game and was made with the WiiU in mind. Many Nintendo fans love platformers, but they usually love platformers made by Nintendo...

Ka-pi96 said:
Goodnightmoon said:
KLXVER said:

80 milions ps3 VS 5 millions wiiu on its release.

(ok now i´m really out of here :P)

Well if install base is that important wouldn't PS4 win by default then?

the point is: 

PS3 - 0,54

Wii U - 0,5

Click HERE and be happy