By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where will Yooka Laylee sell the most on 8th gen consoles?

Highest Selling Version?

PS4 266 45.01%

WIIU 313 52.96%

XBO 12 2.03%

Total:591

PS4 because it's the largest and has gamers of all types.

Around the Network

I think the current poll results might be an accurate picture of how this game will sell on the respective platforms:

Wii U: 52.64% of the total sales
PS4: 45.36% of the total sales
XOne: 2.00% (you may have to add a little to this number and subtract from the first two, but I don't see it being more than 10-15% of the total sales)

Hands-down, the popularity is going to be much higher on the Wii U than the PS4 just because the Wii U has all of the hardcore platformer fans and this is game is going to be a total tribute to the Mario Sunshine & Banjo Kazooie days. That said, if by 2016 the PS4 has 4 times the install base that the Wii U has, I suspect the total sales may be really close even if the game is way less popular on the PS4. The Xbox One version won't even be in the race..

Murica

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Wii U no doubt. PS4 might have a bigger install base, but not for these types of games.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

For those wandering if the warning was legit
it wasnt just put there just to make this thread a non console war thread.

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network

Wii U. Installed base doesn't matter if your game doesn't appeal to that audience.