By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where will Yooka Laylee sell the most on 8th gen consoles?

Highest Selling Version?

PS4 266 45.01%

WIIU 313 52.96%

XBO 12 2.03%

Total:591
leo-j said:
Um ps4....

Said Most, not Least! Come on.... :0

Around the Network

I mean I love the old Nintendo 64 and GameCube and some early first party Wii IP but the Nintendo of old that dominated platformers ain't got the same install base as the n64 era...... Most of those kids went on to PS....

mM

PS4 has a bigger install base, but Wii U has proven, amidst it's sluggish console sales, that it has a very healthy digital games platform, and that a good chunk of the people who DO own the system download games from the eShop.

Xbox, I dunno. I think they've already proven without room for much doubt, that most of Rare's old fanbase did NOT follow them to MS consoles. And if that weren't enough, the ones who did, found out the hard way that most of Rare's old TALENT, also did not follow them to MS. Much of their old developers left for other ventures, including this new company. So I really don't see XBONE having the most sales for this game.

Ps4 if the game is the same on all platform, wii u if there is some type of mario, zelda skin allowed on the wii U version

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

OfficerRaichu15 said:

WARNING:

No aruging over a person's opinion or I am reporting you.

O_o

Isn't that the point of the forum?

I would imagine PS4 would win if all things are equal. We shall as it gets closer to release, if it's not crap.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

I will go with ps4. ps4 is the king of multi though there isnt a game like that on ps4 yet. hard to know how ps4 owners will react to the game.

Ps4 cos most nintendo fans from n64GC era moved to PlayStation I guess. And also higher install base. Also games like Disney 2.0 and skylanders sell on ps4

Edit. Just checked sales off Disney infinity and skylanders on ps4 and wiiu was suprised to see way more sales on wiiu so oops

PS4 without a shadow of a doubt.
Besides the fact PS4 has the biggest install base, it will also have a bigger audience for modern platform games, thanks to Knack, Tearaway & Ratchet & Clank, which will all be on the system by the end of the year.

I suspect that there will be a new Sly Cooper announced this year sometime, to coincide with the movie release next year. Wouldn't be shocked if Knack gets a sequel and Ratchet & Clank do too in time.

Sony does love them some platform games, so other new IPs in that genre are also very likely to start coming in the coming years of this generation.
Hell if Sony sees the popularity of the genre make a resurgence then they'll probably try to make Naughty Dog's latest concept for Jak & Daxter a reality and if possible get their hands back on Crash, whether that means buying it back from Activision or just paying revenue to them to use the IP, it could happen, especially if Activision doesn't care to use the game themselves.

PS4 due to the large userbase. I would think most SNES/N64 fans(like myself) moved away from Nintendo as they got older as we looked to more variety.

Nogamez said:

Ps4 cos most nintendo fans from n64GC era moved to PlayStation I guess. And also higher install base. Also games like Disney 2.0 and skylanders sell on ps4

Edit. Just checked sales off Disney infinity and skylanders on ps4 and wiiu was suprised to see way more sales on wiiu so oops

So do you change your vote to Wii U?