By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where will Yooka Laylee sell the most on 8th gen consoles?

Highest Selling Version?

PS4 266 45.01%

WIIU 313 52.96%

XBO 12 2.03%

Total:591

Also, I feel like this is the type of game that will gets lots of exposure on Nintendo Directs -- even though its a multiplat

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network

Well Banjo was a Nintendo game, and as soon as Microsoft gobbled up Rare, the franchise went downhill, so it seems sensible to think that most people who would love a return to form from Rare would be hanging out on Wii U. And if they had other platforms as well, they might feel it'd be a good time to play a good Banjo-esk Rare game on a Nintendo console like old times.
I'll be interested to see how it does on PC.

Samus Aran said:

Yeah, I'll take Rare devs over Wayforward and Inti Creates.

Your bias is showing. Rare was unmatched in their prime, but game development is a lot different now than it was 20 years ago, and these guys are out of practice. None of them have released a game since 2010. They haven't made a 3D platformer since like 2001 or something, right?

Inti Creates makes Mega Man, it's what they do, and they never stopped doing it. In the time since Banjo-Tooie and Bad Fur Day were released, IC has developed eight Mega Man 2D platformers. So they came along in 2013 essentially proposing that they make another Mega Man game, a genre they had most recently dabbled in just a few years before. These Rare guys haven't touched a 3D platformer in almost 15 years.

I'm not saying these guys aren't experienced, just standing by my statement that you are exaggerating their expertise. I understand your hype for the return of classic Rare, but a game can be delayed even by experienced teams -- or do you also think that CD Projekt Red, Nintendo EAD 3, and Naughty Dog are total noobs compared to ye olde Rare?

the_dengle said:
Samus Aran said:

Yeah, I'll take Rare devs over Wayforward and Inti Creates.

Your bias is showing. Rare was unmatched in their prime, but game development is a lot different now than it was 20 years ago, and these guys are out of practice. None of them have released a game since 2010. They haven't made a 3D platformer since like 2001 or something, right?

Inti Creates makes Mega Man, it's what they do, and they never stopped doing it. In the time since Banjo-Tooie and Bad Fur Day were released, IC has developed eight Mega Man 2D platformers. So they came along in 2013 essentially proposing that they make another Mega Man game, a genre they had most recently dabbled in just a few years before. These Rare guys haven't touched a 3D platformer in almost 15 years.

I'm not saying these guys aren't experienced, just standing by my statement that you are exaggerating their expertise. I understand your hype for the return of classic Rare, but a game can be delayed even by experienced teams -- or do you also think that CD Projekt Red, Nintendo EAD 3, and Naughty Dog are total noobs compared to ye olde Rare?

Yes, $4.000.000 and the game still looks like shit (graphically). Meanwhile, Playtonic made a better looking 3D (pre-Alpha?) game in just 3 months. I never said Wayforward wasn't very experienced btw, I'd just back ex-Rare developers (the good ones) over them any day.

Can't compare Zelda, TW3 and UC4 to an N64-style platformer either.

Inafune, I don't like or trust him. He's overpromising and is already talking about live action movie, anime and manga.

teigaga said:

PS4 and by a large margin. I don't agree with OP points favouring Wii U.

Points 1, 2 and 4 are all the same and are base of flawed logic. N64 audience =/= Wii U audience. Those who own both platforms (Wii U+PS4, presumably a fair portion of Wii U owners by the time this game is out) will mostly go for the PS4 version due to better graphics/performance.

3. Nintendo fans buy Mario like crack*, lets not ignore how mediocre knack has outsold every non mario platformer on Wii U. If anything the abunance of quality exclusive platformers on Wii U versus the PS4 will work in the PS4's favour.

The fact that a late release of Rayman Legends on PS4 > the original, hyped Wii U release should be clear enough indication that PS4 will take the sales crown easily.

It's not like there are many non mario platformers on wii u but knack was heavily bundled and advertised. Rayman sells with legs and ps4's base increased a lot, leading to higher rayman sales. Wii U remains the platform with the highest attach ratio for the game.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:

Yes, $4.000.000 and the game still looks like shit (graphically). Meanwhile, Playtonic made a better looking 3D (pre-Alpha?) game in just 3 months. I never said Wayforward wasn't very experienced btw, I'd just back ex-Rare developers (the good ones) over them any day.

Can't compare Zelda, TW3 and UC4 to an N64-style platformer either.

Inafune, I don't like or trust him. He's overpromising and is already talking about live action movie, anime and manga.

The entire exchange was about how experienced the developers involved are. And I don't care about your personal thoughts on Inafune? (???)

Lots of games are delayed all the time for various reasons, and that's considering they usually aren't announced to begin with until they're well under way. Here (as with most Kickstarters, which I'm sure is the reason for most crowdfunded delays), you have a developer trying to pin down a release month before work has even properly begun on the game.

I think you're being rather stubborn here. Can you not conceive of the possibility of this game being released in 2017? Can you also not conceive of the possibility of the Wii U struggling to maintain any kind of awareness among gamers a year and a half from now? From where I'm standing at least one of these two problems is bound to rear its head.

One thing we know,there are two prevalent sides in the thread,wii u sayers and ps4 sayers,one of these two sides will eat heavy crow and have a hard hard time if it will be refuted,since we almost all here arguing in an overzealous way and with an excessive tension...:P:P:P:P:P:P

tak13 said:

One thing we know,there are two prevalent sides in the thread,wii u sayers and ps4 sayers,one of these two sides will eat heavy crow and have a hard hard time if it will be refuted,since we almost all here arguing in an overzealous way and with an excessive tension...:P:P:P:P:P:P

It will sell best on Xbox and everyone will feel silly.

Samus Aran said:
vivster said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

If poor_marketting = 1
Wii U
else
PS4

Realistically, PS could market it, but I doubt it.

Userbase really doesn't matter if the game is too obscure.

One might think it's the other way around.

If it's too obscure even less people will stumble upon it on a small install base. Not to incite anything but my understanding is that the average Nintendo gamer is less informed than their Playstation/Xbox brethren.  And with that an obscure game becomes practically non existent. Nintendo fans are loud on the internet but that doesn't reflect in the sales of non-Nintendo games.

So I'd say if it is obscure on all 3 platforms PS4 has this one in the bag and X1 might even edge out Wii U as well.

It's not obscure, all the gaming media are talking about it.

And even if it was obscure, he's totally wrong about wich audience is more informed.

Um ps4....

mM