By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where will Yooka Laylee sell the most on 8th gen consoles?

Highest Selling Version?

PS4 266 45.01%

WIIU 313 52.96%

XBO 12 2.03%

Total:591

I lean towards Wii U, although PS4 and PC will probably come close because of their larger user bases.

RE: The argument that Wii U audience =/= N64 audience, I disagree. Outside of the Wii, the audience for Nintendo home consoles has been quite consistent since the N64 days or even earlier; platformers, puzzle/party games and action/adventure titles are all generally good sellers. Yooka Laylee belongs to the genre that has been Nintendo's bread and butter longer than any other, and a lot of Wii U owners are long-time Nintendo fans who reminisce about Rare's good old days. Rare doesn't have that same history with Microsoft, and they don't have any of that history with Sony or on PC. The old guys from Rare reuniting for a new game? Arguably a bigger deal for Nintendo fans than for anyone else.

Also, it's worth mentioning that most of the guys at Playtonic are Nintendo fans themselves.

RE: The argument that owners of different consoles will buy the PS4 version because it'll be more technically powerful - from what I've seen only people in the echo chambers of the Internet really care about that. And Playtonic are probably not lazy devs; if they make good use of the Gamepad, the Wii U version could well end up with its own set of advantages.

I would tentatively guess sales to split around 35% Wii U, around 30% PC, around 20-25% PS4, and around 10-15% XO.

Around the Network

PS4 due to a wider install base. Just because it is a spiritual successor doesn't mean anything in this case. It's been a long time and it's not Banjo.

I think it'll be close between Wii U and PS4, but I'm going to go with PS4 simply due to the larger install base. Wii U will have a higher attach rate though.

RolStoppable said:

You got it, Enton.

I wish we were allowed to change our names here, because I'd officially change mine to Enton immediately. Hey, next time you have mod powers for a day you have my permission "abuse them" in such a manner.

Wagram said:
PS4 due to a wider install base. Just because it is a spiritual successor doesn't mean anything in this case. It's been a long time and it's not Banjo.

What will you say then if It actually sells more on WiiU then on either X1 or PS4? :0

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

You are allowed to change your name. Just send a PM to TruckOSaurus (the only person who can change usernames, aside from ioi) and tell him that you don't like your current one anymore and why you want the new one. The obvious catch is that the new one will stick for a while, because that functionality is not for jokes or rapid mood swings.

So yeah, in case you are serious about it, it is possible. It sounds more like a "for a day" thing though.

No, I'd do it permanently. This avatar isn't going anywhere and I don't care for the name I picked three years ago. I thought name changes were only permitted under special circumstances.

OfficerRaichu15 said:

I personally believe wii u.

1. Nintendo fans grew up with these guys games.

2. Nintendo fans love their games

3. Nintendo Fans buy  3d platformers like crack.

4. It has tons of nostalgia.

Which 8th gen version do you believe will sell the most.

WARNING:

No aruging over a person's opinion or I am reporting you.

Nintendo fans grew up with these guys? I'm 35 years old and own both a PS4 and Wii U... I grew up with "those guys" but that doesn't mean I'm buying it for Wii-U. If I buy it, it'll be based off of which platform runs the game the best and which platform has the best controller options. If that's Wii U, than that's what I'll get... if I get the game at all (it may suck).

And I'm sorry to inform you, but it's not against the rules to have arguments over opinions. 

I agree with your thoughts on this. It seems like it would appeal to the Nintendo audience more than any others. Although, there does seem to be some large interest from Sony/Ratchet/Sly ect fans on that side as well, but I still believe the Wii U will at least sell equally to the PS4.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

tbone51 said:
Wagram said:

What will you say then if It actually sells more on WiiU then on either X1 or PS4? :0

That I was wrong. It's merely a prediction after all.

Wagram said:
tbone51 said:

That I was wrong. It's merely a prediction after all.

Your damn right!

TBH i dont know where it'll end up most at. Advantages are there for PS4 because usrbase obviously but its not everything.

(example, look up Sonic Racing Allstars transformed. Despite it releasing on a userbase of undrr 5mil at the time, it was close to that of ps3 sales ad i think over x360)