By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Am I only 1 of 2 people left that cares that VGChartz has stopped updating sales?!

Do sales matter to you anymore?

Yes. 186 83.04%

No. 18 8.04%

They never mattered. 20 8.93%

Total:224
Bristow9091 said:
I care, and I'm annoyed we're over a month without any data... again! But I just can't be arsed being vocal about it and making threads... there are more important things to do, such as play Bloodborne! This game is great by the way! :)

You probably spent just as much time with this comment than the op.

Around the Network

I care. Spamming about how much I care won't help though.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

I have an inside source that told me they actually were phasing out sales figures to focus on reviews. That's also why they merged with GamrReview.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

No, most of the people left.

I care, but i've accepted the fact that numbers just don't come as fast as they should :'(

Around the Network
Machina said:

OK, I've gotten an update on the situation from Brett.

First of all I must say that many of may not be aware of this but the sales stuff is pretty much all handled by Brett (although Will does a little too), and there's no easy way to delegate the workload to others beyond what Will's already taken on, which means us other staffers can't help speed up the process even though we want to.*

As for why the site's fallen so far behind - Brett's been really busy with other projects and personal stuff lately. However, he's just reassured me that things should return to normal soon.

*The one thing that can be done to speed it up is to ensure all of the upcoming games that are likely to chart and release dates for those games are up-to-date on Gamewise (which is where the GameDB on VGC is drawn from), which is something Will and myself have started doing, but if anyone else wants to help out you can do so here - http://gamewise.co/games/.

P.S. feel free to link to this post in other treads where people are asking for an official update.

Might be worth making and stickying a thread Machina

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I still care. It's one of the two things I use this site for. I guess they're still working on big site changes?

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Bristow9091 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

You probably spent just as much time with this comment than the op.

Not sure what you mean by that, care to elaborate?

That you spent as much time replying to the op that the time it took to write the op therefore making your reason to not creating a thread like this void. Now you're spending more time replying to my comment. 

Yea, it sucks....and when #'s do come in they're so far behind that it's hardly exciting...

If brett is getting married are we all invited to the wedding? :P

Also, if it is personal stuff, then I hope it's good personal stuff. Charts are important to me, but not more than an individuals wellbeing