By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Am I only 1 of 2 people left that cares that VGChartz has stopped updating sales?!

Do sales matter to you anymore?

Yes. 186 83.04%

No. 18 8.04%

They never mattered. 20 8.93%

Total:224
Machina said:

OK, I've gotten an update on the situation from Brett.

First of all I must say that many of may not be aware of this but the sales stuff is pretty much all handled by Brett (although Will does a little too), and there's no easy way to delegate the workload to others beyond what Will's already taken on, which means us other staffers can't help speed up the process even though we want to.*

As for why the site's fallen so far behind - Brett's been really busy with other projects and personal stuff lately. However, he's just reassured me that things should return to normal soon.

*The one thing that can be done to speed it up is to ensure all of the upcoming games that are likely to chart and release dates for those games are up-to-date on Gamewise (which is where the GameDB on VGC is drawn from), which is something Will and myself have started doing, but if anyone else wants to help out you can do so here - http://gamewise.co/games/.

P.S. feel free to link to this post in other treads where people are asking for an official update.

Thanks for the update Machina, appreciate you letting us know.

I know that Brett has always been a hands off kinda guy, but I'm glad he made an effort to let folks know what's happening. Definitely helps to continue building bridges.

Around the Network

I actually don't care in the slightest!

I do care, but I am confident that the numbers will be available when they are ready. Just give ioi some time good sir. I am sure the numbers will be available soon yet.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

Captain_Yuri said:
Not really. We do care and there were plenty of threads every week by people complaining about the lack of updates but I think they stopped posting them cause it was just getting to the point of nonsense

No it's because most of us are not coming back so often.  So the threads are dwindling as the visitors are..

Bristow9091 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

That you spent as much time replying to the op that the time it took to write the op therefore making your reason to not creating a thread like this void. Now you're spending more time replying to my comment. 

Yeah but y'see, if I were to create a thread about it, I'd more than likely put a lot more effort into it, as I tend to go a little overboard with walls of text and such... so it'd take me a lot more time making the thread than it did to post in this one AND reply to you twice, so I wouldn't say my reason has been voided :)

Anyway, unless you'd like to bring something else up, I can't see this conversation between us going further, so I'm gonna' jump back into Bloodborne... I've put over thirty hours into the game, and apparently I've made very little progress! o.O

Don't worry, I'm just having a bit of light hearted banter. Not saying I didn't mean what I said, I'm just not being nasty or horrible about it

Enjoy bloodborne, it sounds like a good game. Maybe my next purchase. 

Around the Network

Numbers will come out when they are released. People just need to be a bit more creative with thread creation to give us all something to talk about.

Olivernintentoal said:
Of course we care! We are just used to it by now.

Pretty much sums up what I think.

Honestly, more people should be making a much bigger deal out of this.

It's ridiculous that this site isn't serving its basic function...

ioi needs to just give his algorithm to one of the mods so someone else can update the sales data. I don't mean to sound heartless or anything, but I don't buy that "personal things" cause you to not spend like a few hours a week to crunch numbers. Whatever. I just think this whole situation is pretty stupid.

I care. Im thinking to leave the site forever if this keeps being like this.