By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [Rumors] Transcripts about Konami vs. Kojima situation

I sort of wouldn't mind that. At least Konami wouldn't abuse the Metal Gear franchise after Kojima is gone.

That said, I also kinda doubt that.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
If that's true I hope everything Konami does after MGS 5 turna to be a huge failure until they have to go out of business, such nonsense and horrible stuff.

If their plan B works out and they get into gambling machines, then their fortunes will be fine. There are even Sega licensed slot machines out there. Believe it or not there is money to be made in it and it is more likely more reliable than video games.

Very bogus. But if Konami leaves games they could license the games for kojima productions and others and collect royalties leaving the producer with good freedom.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Konami, why? Just why?

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Hope that Kojima will go now to Playstation.

Around the Network

I can be optimistic that i'm sure there are several companies eager to get Kojima hired. Once MGS5 goes and the new company hires him, we may be able to see kojima goodness return.
Konami though... i hope all the worst to them. How can they treat someone who brought so much money to them over so many years like this? What a despicable showing.

Salutations

DonFerrari said:
Very bogus. But if Konami leaves games they could license the games for kojima productions and others and collect royalties leaving the producer with good freedom.

And wait four or five years for Kojima to release them? Nah.

They'll dump cheap titles of their franchises on mobile platforms. Easier and faster money.

People actually believe this? The way this is written should ring alarm bells, it's the same tone used in those so called 4 chan leaks.

Also another hit on the credibility is that it's not leaked through Japanese media. How could a Western person have access to this info, and supposedly leak it to some random youtuber, rather than contacting something like the well established Kotaku that leakers often use. Makes no sense.

It all sounds like your usual gamer outrage. The gamer culture loves their online dramas.

The sad thing is, even if I'm fully skeptical on this transcript, this all kinda seems plausible, especially with Konami retiring from the NYSE, Silent Hills being cancelled and Kojima's sudden departure.

Whatever the hell is happening over there, I hope it can end on a high note for both parties. Not only that the game is properly finished, but that everyone involved can get out of this without suffering.