By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This is your new Joker. What do you think?

Looks good to me.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network
Airaku said:

So as far as the new Joker look? Shittest emo shit fuck I've ever seen! What a fucking joke, holy fucking shit I wanna tear my eyes out! Heath is rolling in his grave now and this has to be the biggest insult ever! I don't even see how anyone can tolerate this bullshit! I mean look at this motherfucker!

He looks like one of those washed up pimps you'd find on the side of the roads who thinks he's a former bad ass but got the shit kicked out of him from the biggest and baddest pimp in the hood. See below!

At least this guy looks like a fucking bad ass who doesn't look like a little bitch!

I hate the word emo so much. It seems to be used more often out of its intended context.
People seem to think, I do not like this music, it must be emo. I do not like the way this person dresses, they are dark etc. they must be emo.

Have people ever heard of punk, goth? Or any other fashion/music, that is in the rock scene, that is not emo?

Sorry, I am being nit picky, but I get really annoyed at things being labelled incorrectly. I am a bit OCD at times.
Fair enough you do not like the look.

Tattoos do not equal emo. Tattoos do not even necessarily have to be associated with a music scene, or a specific fashion. Regular 'ordinary' people have tattoos too.

There has been a leaked GIF that shows him in a white and purple suit similar to the one in The Dark Knight Returns. He is laughing menacingly and it looks awesome.
Those who do not understand the 'Hahaha' tattoos: it is a reference to The Killing Joke.

This is set in a universe where Batman is already established. Who is to say that the Joker has not already been in an asylum? He could have had these tattoos take place while he was incarcerated - you know, like many criminals do.

I love it.

As much as I loved Ledger's Joker, as long as he was'nt angry, he was calm and calculative. This one seems much more explosive and impulsive. He looks like a chaotic psychopath that could kill you just for the thrill of it, while Ledger's only seem to act acording to his plans. And as someone previously pointed out, if in real life someone was as crazy as the Joker, he would look like this.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Ryudo said:
gergroy said:
Well... It is technically fine... But I have such a hard time imagining anybody being better than heath ledgers version of the joker...

Which is kind of ironic because I thought heath ledger was a terrible cast when that was announced...

Mark Hammil>Nicholson>ledger. Sorry I just don't agree Heath was the best.

Nicholson's was a caricature of a caricature, as far as portrayals are concerned.

It's ok, but it's barely less camp than Cesar Romero's portrayal. 

Hammil = Ledger as far as I'm concerned. They're both very good, but also too different for me to call one a definite better porformance over the other.

Around the Network

I don't think I'm alone in thinking that the tattoos look pretty stupid, even if fishing for a meta-fiction angle where a character is basically wearing his own image and sound bites on his body.

Other than that, it's definitely the unhinged killer clown version of the Joker that's been used often in the past.

Hynad said:

Hammil = Ledger as far as I'm concerned. They're both very good, but also too different for me to call one a definite better porformance over the other.

I agree about Nicholson, though I'd argue that Hammill and Ledger aren't 1:1 comparisons. The voice actors in the animated series did an amazing job, but they're still only contributing one talent to the character. Film and voice acting shouldn't be directly compared IMO.

OT: Not a big fan of that teaser, but I'll withhold judgment till I see him in action. Like someone else said, I was skeptical about Heath Ledger at first, and he was incredible.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Leto is a good actor and I'm confident he can pull it off. The only thing I hate is the "damaged" tattoo on the forehead. Almost as if he's pitying himself. Surely not something I'd expect from a character like that. The rest is fine.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Meh.