By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This is your new Joker. What do you think?

Ouroboros24 said:

I think he's going to be great.  He has all the acting chops and credentials to play the Joker, the xmotherfuckingx Joker.  That role has only been given to the truly talented to bring him to life.  Jack Nicholson, Mark Hamill, Heath Ledger, John DiMaggio, Cesar Romero, Michael emmerson, every one of them have taken the role and have made a stamp on the mythos.  It's like they can't go wrong, a Joker with Leto should be great.  Him against the Suicide Squad with Amanda Waller calling the shots.  I'm calling it, EPIC.

Around the Network

I don't like it. It's just one picture though so I'll withhold final judgement till I see the movie but this is sort of symptomatic of why DC's movie universe is inferior to Marvel's. It lacks continuity and cohesion.

Marvel has painstakingly tried to tie all their recent films into one continuous arc and DC is still trying to find a sense of direction and they go and spring an emo inspired, prison tatted, Joker on us. Not to mention Batman has changed, again. And we're getting another dark superman movie.

Leto is a good actor (and singer too) so maybe he'll pull this off but it is hard to imagine topping Nicholson or Ledger.

Toxy said:

I hate the word emo so much. It seems to be used more often out of its intended context.
People seem to think, I do not like this music, it must be emo. I do not like the way this person dresses, they are dark etc. they must be emo.

Have people ever heard of punk, goth? Or any other fashion/music, that is in the rock scene, that is not emo?

Sorry, I am being nit picky, but I get really annoyed at things being labelled incorrectly. I am a bit OCD at times.
Fair enough you do not like the look.

Tattoos do not equal emo. Tattoos do not even necessarily have to be associated with a music scene, or a specific fashion. Regular 'ordinary' people have tattoos too.

I was more or less trying to be funny than anything. I just couldn't help myself. I don't ever consider punk or goth to be emo. I'm a punk rocker myself and would never consider it emo lol. Sadly a lot of punks do not like emos at all because it gives them a bad name. I actually have this argument all the time and to be honest it's nice to see that someone actually shares a similar mindset. People need to understand it's about the lyrics and life style now days, not the looks and appearances. Sorry if I offended you with my prior post.

Airaku said:

I was more or less trying to be funny than anything. I just couldn't help myself. I don't ever consider punk or goth to be emo. I'm a punk rocker myself and would never consider it emo lol. Sadly a lot of punks do not like emos at all because it gives them a bad name. I actually have this argument all the time and to be honest it's nice to see that someone actually shares a similar mindset. People need to understand it's about the lyrics and life style now days, not the looks and appearances. Sorry if I offended you with my prior post.

All good, I apologise too if I came across harsh.

As you are well aware these labels are often thrown around wrecklessly and the word has almost lost all meaning. Heck, I have even heard people call Marilyn Manson emo, and Biffy Clyro. Two completely different artists, both are not emo, yet they are still labelled as such by certain groups of people.

You are not the only person on this thread to have made the joker is emo statement, your post just happened to be the post I picked out for no particular reason other than being a lucky draw haha.

I agree with what you have said with the lyrics and lifestyle determining an emo. There are plenty of bands (including metal bands) that dress like emos, purely because that is what is fashionable and will garner them attention.

Toxy said:
Airaku said:

All good, I apologise too if I came across harsh.

As you are well aware these labels are often thrown around wrecklessly and the word has almost lost all meaning. Heck, I have even heard people call Marilyn Manson emo, and Biffy Clyro. Two completely different artists, both are not emo, yet they are still labelled as such by certain groups of people.

You are not the only person on this thread to have made the joker is emo statement, your post just happened to be the post I picked out for no particular reason other than being a lucky draw haha.

I agree with what you have said with the lyrics and lifestyle determining an emo. There are plenty of bands (including metal bands) that dress like emos, purely because that is what is fashionable and will garner them attention.

Absolutely agree with you! Emo to me is crap like My Chemical Romance, Hawthorne Heights, Panic! At the Disco, Fall Out Boy (I think?), Escape the Fate and many more I could list. I could be wrong about some of these but not many of them. Some bands tried the emo scene like The Used which was horrible. MEST a crazy punk band wrote an emo album by faking it for a cash out and it was so poorly received that believe it or not the band ended up breaking up. Apparently they got back together, haven't listened to them sense. Hell I haven't listened to them since that Album period! LOL

Around the Network

There really isn't anyone after ledgers joker that would've been as well received. The whole dark Knight franchise is arguably the greatest superhero films ever created, to date.

But this guy? On a superficial level I'm very disappointed. I will however still see the movie so here's to hoping they change my mind

I thought this was funny. 

Is Ninja Theory developing the next Batman game?

Couldnt resist. :D

Aeolus451 said:

I thought this was funny. 

You sir are a hero, but arn't those happy tears? o.0