By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles X could have gotten a downgrade

Would it matter to you a downgrade in XCX?

Yes 144 29.45%

No 266 54.40%

See results 79 16.16%

Total:489
Materia-Blade said:
Barkley said:

Only you could say that this isn't a downgrade. This particular shot is like the difference between a ps2 and ps3 game.

Anyway, I don't think too many people will be that bothered, it'll still be a great game. 

"This particular shot is like the difference between a ps2 and ps3 game."

Are you even listening to yourself? There wasn't any downgrade. this particular section looks different, but not worse. And the game itself was overall upgrade since reveal. we have over 1 and a half hours of footage that prove that.

This post blows my mind on so many levels. I mean, I don't understand how you can even argue this.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Oh wow, I don't even remember how good the e3 2013 trailer looked!
But that was most definitely pre rendered.

outlawauron said:
Materia-Blade said:

"This particular shot is like the difference between a ps2 and ps3 game."

Are you even listening to yourself? There wasn't any downgrade. this particular section looks different, but not worse. And the game itself was overall upgrade since reveal. we have over 1 and a half hours of footage that prove that.

This post blows my mind on so many levels. I mean, I don't understand how you can even argue this.

You're saying you also see a ps2-ps3 difference between the shots? please argue.

Or are you saying the ps2-ps3 comparison was so surreal that I shouldn't have bothered?

Who care ?

I will get the game anyway.

the_dengle said:
The biggest downgrade here is the replacement of that sick Char Custom with some bulky blue thing.

Not sure what downgrade there is from a Char Custom to an Izume Aestivalis Custom.... I guess I just like Aestivalis'.

Around the Network
Materia-Blade said:
outlawauron said:

You're saying you also see a ps2-ps3 difference between the shots? please argue.

Or are you saying the ps2-ps3 comparison was so surreal that I shouldn't have bothered?

The part where you said there was no downgrade in that shot, just differences is what probably caught him off guard.  There IS a serious quality disparity in the opening shot.  The floor texture is worse than the 2013 one, that is ccompletely, objectively true.  It doesn't have to be indicative of an all around downgrade - in fact I don't believe there has been an overall downgrade - but the disparity in those shots is 100% real.  

I don't really mind as long as this game is still open world and the doll is the one that sell me, i will buy Wii U only for this, using Doll to explore the world i will shit my pant if i am playing this game.

Scisca said:

Sapkowski-esque Lets give credit where credit's due

Haha, you had to point it out, as he is from your country, didn't you.

By the way, Sapkowski writes great, I recommend reading the books.

And yes, obviously the Witcher is graphically superior to Xenoblade. I think both games will be great.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

now that looks more like a wii u title. lol

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

Materia-Blade said:
outlawauron said:

You stated that there was no difference whatsoever and that there isn't any decrease in quality. That statement is indeed amazing as it's quite clear to everyone else.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.