By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles X could have gotten a downgrade

Would it matter to you a downgrade in XCX?

Yes 144 29.45%

No 266 54.40%

See results 79 16.16%

Total:489

yeah it does...

it looks plasticky and cheap... would still buy it though...

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
Scisca said:

Sapkowski-esque Lets give credit where credit's due

Haha, you had to point it out, as he is from your country, didn't you.

By the way, Sapkowski writes great, I recommend reading the books.

And yes, obviously the Witcher is graphically superior to Xenoblade. I think both games will be great.

Of course But yeah, The Witcher Saga is an awesome read. It's so much better than what Tolkien wrote - and I'm being totally objective here. Tolkien is great, but his books tend to be sooo booring so often. Not the case here And it's much more mature. I'm so happy that the games based on them are so good, unlike the movie and tv series, which were a disgrace

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Scisca said:
Mnementh said:

Haha, you had to point it out, as he is from your country, didn't you.

By the way, Sapkowski writes great, I recommend reading the books.

And yes, obviously the Witcher is graphically superior to Xenoblade. I think both games will be great.

Of course But yeah, The Witcher Saga is an awesome read. It's so much better than what Tolkien wrote - and I'm being totally objective here. Tolkien is great, but his books tend to be sooo booring so often. Not the case here And it's much more mature. I'm so happy that the games based on them are so good, unlike the movie and tv series, which were a disgrace

Gotta strongly disagree on that comparison of Tolkien's collective works to the Witcher.  And I'm being totally objective here.  His works are overall quite mature, thank you very much.

Materia-Blade said:
outlawauron said:

This post blows my mind on so many levels. I mean, I don't understand how you can even argue this.

You're saying you also see a ps2-ps3 difference between the shots? please argue.

Or are you saying the ps2-ps3 comparison was so surreal that I shouldn't have bothered?

Your blind persistence in defending Nintendo at every step, even when it's totally unnecessary, is amazing. As of late, nothing in this forum brings me more joy than your posts Keep it up!

When it comes to these screens I believe that comparing this to ps3 vs ps2 versions of the same game is the best way to describe the downgrade. It's less glaring in the rest of the video, but it's still there. Pity. Would be incredible if they managed to keep that level.

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

Scisca said:
Materia-Blade said:

You're saying you also see a ps2-ps3 difference between the shots? please argue.

Or are you saying the ps2-ps3 comparison was so surreal that I shouldn't have bothered?

Your blind persistence in defending Nintendo at every step, even when it's totally unnecessary, is amazing. As of late, nothing in this forum brings me more joy than your posts Keep it up!

When it comes to these screens I believe that comparing this to ps3 vs ps2 versions of the same game is the best way to describe the downgrade. It's less glaring in the rest of the video, but it's still there. Pity. Would be incredible if they managed to keep that level.

There's where I have would step in and disagree.  There's no evdence of downgrade or reduced quality elsewhere.  Some aspects have seen upgrades, like a wider use of fog and godrays and more examples of dense foliage.  While this one shot shows a blurry floor texture, other shots show perfectly fine textures that look exactly like those.  The exterior lighting is the same or better throughout the presentation.  LODs are better.  The list goes on.  This one shot is an anomaly in the presentation and not representative at all.  That people are obsessing this much over less than one minute of video without considering the other 28 is just sad.

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
Scisca said:

Gotta strongly disagree on that comparison of Tolkien's collective works to the Witcher.  And I'm being totally objective here.  His works are overall quite mature, thank you very much.

I've never said it's not. Just that Sapkowski's is more mature, which in my opinion is an obvious fact. Tolkien is great, but he has always been frank about the fact that he was trying to write a tale for children. On the other hand Sapkowski deals with problems like racism, the search of your identity, etc. Just like Game of Thrones is more mature, so is The Witcher Saga.

Nuvendil said:
Scisca said:

There's where I have would step in and disagree.  There's no evdence of downgrade or reduced quality elsewhere.  Some aspects have seen upgrades, like a wider use of fog and godrays and more examples of dense foliage.  While this one shot shows a blurry floor texture, other shots show perfectly fine textures that look exactly like those.  The exterior lighting is the same or better throughout the presentation.  LODs are better.  The list goes on.  This one shot is an anomaly in the presentation and not representative at all.  That people are obsessing this much over less than one minute of video without considering the other 28 is just sad.

In my personal opinion every single scene in the video from the OP shows a bigger or smaller downgrade, not just this one screen. It's very clear near the end when the Doll is starting up.

I wonder if people can differentiate between resources being shifted around during development and a studio presenting pre-rendered lies as "gameplay."

Many responses in this thread suggest they cannot. How sad.

Scisca said:
Nuvendil said:

I've never said it's not. Just that Sapkowski's is more mature, which in my opinion is an obvious fact. Tolkien is great, but he has always been frank about the fact that he was trying to write a tale for children. On the other hand Sapkowski deals with problems like racism, the search of your identity, etc. Just like Game of Thrones is more mature, so is The Witcher Saga.

When did "Tolkien's works" become The Hobbit and nothing else?  Lord of the Rings is definitely above most children for its depth, at least adolescent level but the target is definitely adults for its vocabulary range alone.  But the Silmarillion?  Children of Hûrin?  Those are most definitely not children's works, not by a long shot.  Those works definitely deal with mature themes.  Just because he is more restrained when it comes to graphicness doesn't make his work "children's" literature.

Nuvendil said:
Scisca said:

When did "Tolkien's works" become The Hobbit and nothing else?  Lord of the Rings is definitely above most children for its depth, at least adolescent level but the target is definitely adults for its vocabulary range alone.  But the Silmarillion?  Children of Hûrin?  Those are most definitely not children's works, not by a long shot.  Those works definitely deal with mature themes.  Just because he is more restrained when it comes to graphicness doesn't make his work "children's" literature.

Hey man, stop putting words in my mouth. I know LotR is more mature than Hobbit, but as I've said he was starting off with the intent to make it another tale for children. Just that things got out of hand and he went with the flow, thankfully Again, I've never said his work is children's literature. It's not. Which doesn't change the fact that other books from other writers can be more mature, right? Or are you saying that it is impossible to be more mature than Tolkien? Seriously, just because there exist more mature books doesn't imply Tolkien is for kids only...