By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles X could have gotten a downgrade

Would it matter to you a downgrade in XCX?

Yes 144 29.45%

No 266 54.40%

See results 79 16.16%

Total:489

That's a substansial downgrade, one of the biggest i've seen. Possibly bigger than Watch Dogs for example. Not surprised though, always thought X looked above what should be possible on the Wii-U's hardware.

Though i don't think anyone will scares of from buying it, as long as the scale and gameplay are preserved.

Around the Network
Scisca said:
Nuvendil said:

When did "Tolkien's works" become The Hobbit and nothing else?  Lord of the Rings is definitely above most children for its depth, at least adolescent level but the target is definitely adults for its vocabulary range alone.  But the Silmarillion?  Children of Hûrin?  Those are most definitely not children's works, not by a long shot.  Those works definitely deal with mature themes.  Just because he is more restrained when it comes to graphicness doesn't make his work "children's" literature.

Hey man, stop putting words in my mouth. I know LotR is more mature than Hobbit, but as I've said he was starting off with the intent to make it another tale for children. Just that things got out of hand and he went with the flow, thankfully Again, I've never said his work is children's literature. It's not. Which doesn't change the fact that other books from other writers can be more mature, right? Or are you saying that it is impossible to be more mature than Tolkien? Seriously, just because there exist more mature books doesn't imply Tolkien is for kids only...

No but you seemed to be implying his books are oriented towards children.  Really, only one is.  And the others I mentioned can go toe to toe with most works out there in terms of handling big ideas and mature themes.  I just get tired of some people classifying Tolkien or other works as "not mature" just because series like the Witcher and Song of Ice and Fire are willing to be more graphic.  If that's not you, then my apologies.  I just detest that distorted idea of "maturity" that's going around, especially in gaming.

@AnthonyW86 Now that's some BS right there.  Worse then Watch Dogs?  The difference isn't even comparable on the whole.  The vast majority of the 28 minute presentation looks comparable or better than the trailer as a whole.  Just watch the....Actually, you know what?  Screw it.

outlawauron said:
Materia-Blade said:

You're saying you also see a ps2-ps3 difference between the shots? please argue.

Or are you saying the ps2-ps3 comparison was so surreal that I shouldn't have bothered?

You stated that there was no difference whatsoever and that there isn't any decrease in quality. That statement is indeed amazing as it's quite clear to everyone else.

I said the game and SCENE didn't have any decrease in quality. that SCREENSHOT comparison has only one thing with lower quality, wich is the floor texture, but we see the correct asset seconds later.

Nuvendil said:

@AnthonyW86 Now that's some BS right there.  Worse then Watch Dogs?  The difference isn't even comparable on the whole.  The vast majority of the 28 minute presentation looks comparable or better than the trailer as a whole.  Just watch the....Actually, you know what?  Screw it.

Yep. 99.9999% of the footage is >= what we've seen before, but people ignore it and use a few seconds of one cutsnece instead.

Around the Network

I can't believe there are people who record every step Nintendo does just to try and portray them in a negative light. The game looks great and the setting fantastic. You WiiU owners are spoiled

AnthonyW86 said:
That's a substansial downgrade, one of the biggest i've seen. Possibly bigger than Watch Dogs for example. Not surprised though, always thought X looked above what should be possible on the Wii-U's hardware.

As the outdoor scenes have upgraded since early showings, Wii U clearly can handle it: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7215092

I just can't believe some posts in this thread. The game has seen some obvious upgrade in some areas, people are showing you these upgrades, with photographic material, but no, let's focus in one second of the trailer that looks worse. It's worse in some aspects, I'll give you that, but, it's way better in other aspects. To take - to give. This happens in almost every development of every game in the world. And no, it's not Watch Dogs levels, that is also obvious.

bigtakilla said:

Floor looks worse: Not really.

The 1080p vs 720p arguments are, in general, flawed. but this claim really takes the biscuit.

curl-6 said:

I wouldn't call it an overall downgrade, because other areas, notably the outdoor ones, have been upgraded:

PResented better, artistically, but technologically a step backwards, if you'd like a detailed examination of this and exactly why even this pictures show a downgrade, i'd be happy to entertain.