By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Current state of the website: an honest opinion

So what happened to numbers being released every week? Like it's been forever since I've seen them come out consistently.

Around the Network

Yeah we need numbers now its getting a little ridiculous how far behind we are. Hope they update soon and reguarly

We want some info.. anything.. just give us reason why numbers are so late

Charts would have been boring atm anyway.

Plus, the fact that bundles and digital downloads are more prominent than ever, there really is no concrete way to judge / justify sales numbers shown on this site.

Plus, sales isnt necessary the be all & end all of a games success anyways and you often see devs these days touting the "active users" over "xxx million sales first day" etc. 

Not saying that sales arent important, but there are other factors. 

Ruler said:
cfin2987@gmail.com said:

So many ads. Bearly usable on iPad because the ads appear where you need to swipe and on every page. 

Some mods recomended adblock

Only ever used that on firefox before. I'll look for it on safari. Every page has a bottom pop up that is impossible to close unless you have stylus fingers. When you click anywhere it sends you to the App Store, over and over....

Around the Network

Well, and we do not track digital sales. They only track physical - which are probably still relevant, but not as much as people think they are. Do they even make of note of them? Nope, they report physical sales as if it's the be and end all of sales.

Note: I don't know anyone in my real circle that has bought a physical game for 8th gen.

Music had not a gold record by September of last year. Physical sales are pretty much gone. Gaming isn't that far behind. We really need a way to track digital sales, or we are just 'VGChartz for the last century.'

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Zappykins said:
Well, and we do not track digital sales. They only track physical - which are probably still relevant, but not as much as people think they are. Do they even make of note of them? Nope, they report physical sales as if it's the be and end all of sales.

Note: I don't know anyone in my real circle that has bought a physical game for 8th gen.

Music had not a gold record by September of last year. Physical sales are pretty much gone. Gaming isn't that far behind. We really need a way to track digital sales, or we are just 'VGChartz for the last century.'

Yep last gen i was only buying physical appart from the odd gwg / xbl sale. Im still somebody who will always predominantly buy physical copies, but this gen i have so far brough 5 games (3 on sale 2 at Rrp) from xbox live. With no way of tracking them id say sales figures are pretty much pointless especially since i know there are many people who are mostly buying digital games. 

Seriously this is absurd. VGC usually updates quickly after a long break. But its beginning to be an entire month behind sales. NPD will release its numbers before we get to see worldwide numbers. This website was usually credited by major sites as a way to examine the console wars but now this may hurt the image and credibility if it can't catch up

Have we got any info yet.. ?

Should we just leave..?

Any got any info..?

The website is a design nightmare. Clunky and slow to navigate. It needs huge improvements but the forum content is alive and kicking so it keeps me coming back