By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Current state of the website: an honest opinion

BraLoD said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
I like the site but man it's pretty far behind. I'm sure it'll get caught up at some point

You could help, throwing money.

I actually have this new software I've been experimenting with.  Now I only had Windows Vista to test it out on so far and it started to go a little crazy in that but I think it'll be fine.  It's called...Ultron *ominous music plays*

I am Iron Man

Around the Network

I agree, I started visiting this site solely for the numbers and it's been nothing but disappointment in last months. If I was running this site I'd at least give an update what is happening.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

I also have been here since 07. Like he OP, my little tracker doesn't have 100,000 points because of this exact issue. I look at the site and get interested for a short period and then get bored with the slow updates. So, I "forget" to come back for a period. That way, the data seems all new again....

It is near the end of the end....

Good thread.

One thing I would like a lot, is a "Like" / "Yeah" / you know the deal thing for threads and posts by users. It may also increase people wanting to do very good posts instead of spam as yes, there are people who care about likes.

Superquagsire said:
aLkaLiNE said:
I enjoy the forum discussion as much as the numbers. But the popup ads on mobile are aggravating.

Oddly enough now that I think about it, I haven't had many popups lately...

Oh man I'm the same way. I only use mobile to check this website and it's been utterly aggravating when I get pop up banners for adds(that I accedenta click on while trying to get rid of them -_-) and they only started up recently! I hope they go away soon...

I use Firefox with Ad Blocker and Ghostery for this very reason. Websites that have descent site for mobile i visit with the normal browser, others like VGChartz i use firefox.

Around the Network

So many ads. Bearly usable on iPad because the ads appear where you need to swipe and on every page. 

cfin2987@gmail.com said:

So many ads. Bearly usable on iPad because the ads appear where you need to swipe and on every page. 

Try using http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/ instead of ww.vgchartz.com. Makes it atleast a little more viewable on mobile.

Aeolus451 said:
I'm getting tired of these type of threads. It would be nice if he consistently released numbers but we don't need repeated threads whining about it. He got behind on it. So what. He'll catch the numbers back up when he can.

It's his job to give us quality service we have the right to complain

AnthonyW86 said:
Superquagsire said:

Oh man I'm the same way. I only use mobile to check this website and it's been utterly aggravating when I get pop up banners for adds(that I accedenta click on while trying to get rid of them -_-) and they only started up recently! I hope they go away soon...

I use Firefox with Ad Blocker and Ghostery for this very reason. Websites that have descent site for mobile i visit with the normal browser, others like VGChartz i use firefox.

If he is on Android, he can install Firefox for Android and that browser also supports Adblock. If he is on Android and his phone is rooted, he can install an ad blocking app that will remove ads not only from all browser, but from any ad-supported app.

thephenomenon said:
Aeolus451 said:
I'm getting tired of these type of threads. It would be nice if he consistently released numbers but we don't need repeated threads whining about it. He got behind on it. So what. He'll catch the numbers back up when he can.

It's his job to give us quality service we have the right to complain

We have every right to complain. We are customers - even if the product is free. We bring in much needed ad revenue. And I don't think the people who are paying money to view the pro section of the site are happy with the slow numbers.

I made this thread because I'm concerned about VGChartz, not because I want to critize this site or IOI for no reason.

Superquagsire said:
aLkaLiNE said:
I enjoy the forum discussion as much as the numbers. But the popup ads on mobile are aggravating.

Oddly enough now that I think about it, I haven't had many popups lately...

I'm not a mobile surfer (yet), but it seems pretty bad. This should be another top priority, seeing how big mobile surfing is becoming.

I also agree with the poster that said the forums are great. I still enjoy reading them after all these years. But the activity on the forum is for a large parted linked to the success of the website.