By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you still play and buy older games?

Do you still play and buy older games?

yes i play older games on... 97 64.24%

yes i use emulators on newer devices 36 23.84%

only if they are ported t... 9 5.96%

no i only play new games ... 9 5.96%

i sold off my ps3 and xbox 360 0 0%

Total:151
IkePoR said:
fory77 said:

ikr? Also, IkePoR said the DS is old.

Well, I do still play Super Mario Land, my favorite Mario game.  Does that count as old?  :p

'89? Yep, that's old.

Around the Network

If you consider the PS2 to be that old, then yeah, quite frequently too to be honest. Mainly Dreamcast, PS2, N64 and from time to time even Gameboy games.

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

The thought of Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime, and Halo: Combat Evolved as "retro" games makes me feel like decrepit old fart... XD

Does emulation count? Running through FFIX at the moment

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Nope, last time I bought a PS2 or older game was The Urbz on the Original Xbox. 

Edit: Which was in 2008.

Around the Network

If I come across an older game that I wanted to play but never got around to it, I'll buy it and start playing it.

I already got all older games i want.

But yeah, i still play it, i don't see why i shouldn't, especially when they're better than the games we got now...

I play some Parasite eve on ps1, secret of evermore on super nes, and others.

My old consoles (N64, PS1, GameCube, Xbox) are still connected to my old Sony-CRT in a spare room:

But I don't buy old retail games for them anymore.

On the other hand I still buy some PS1 games for my Vita (they look much better on the small display than on a big TV) and many PC classics on Steam + GOG.com; many classics which are ported to iOS as well.

PS1 games for my Vita: Final Fantasy 6 - 9, Crash Bandicoot 1 - 3, Spyro 1 - 3, Silent Hill, Vagrant Story, Rayman 1 + 2, Gex 3D, Pandemonium 1 + 2, Kula World, Soul Reaver

My favorite classics on GOG/Steam (too many to lst them all): all LucasArts-Adventures, Gabriel Knight 1 - 3, Larry 1 - 7, Space Quest 1 - 6, Quest for Glory 1 - 5, Beneath a Steel Sky, Broken Sword 1 - 3, The Longest Journey, Tex Murphy 1 - 5, Ultima Collection, D&D Anthology, Pirates! Gold, Tomb Raider Collection

I usually treat my old systems to some games each year, last year was a bit hard to because of money but normally i would around Christmas search ebay for elusive tiles for my Dreamcast ,Saturn and Neo Geo CD. But only if there the right price, now these very systems games are climbing up in price as they become more harder to find decent boxed products. Sometimes even might bid on a N64 cart ,but as i only buy boxed i more often then not get outbid on those. Though i was lucky a couple years back with Killer Instinct and WCW Revenge. But my fad at the moment is tracking down Wii Games to play on my Wii U , i missed so many titles and many are just a couple of quid to pick up unlike Atari Jaguar titles which are now going for silly money , some one wanted £80 for Atari Jaguar Double Dragon and it's like the worst game ever made.. That reminds me to fire up Tempest 2000 been a while since i heard that soundtrack .

BRKITG

Yep, I play more "classic" games than new games.