By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did the April Fools Direct make up for the Zelda Delay?

Did the Direct make up for Zelda Delay?

Yes 116 34.42%

No 138 40.95%

Didn't care about Zelda/the delay anyway 41 12.17%

See results 42 12.46%

Total:337

Gamers nowadays are way to greedy, its always about the next thing, they get the lateat release of something then they want the next one instead of just enjoying what they have already got, did people really think we was going to see a new Metroid announced in a Nintendo Direct? E3 Is just around the corner they were hardly gonna show everything they have, people are never happy.

Around the Network

Almost.. But metroid would have healer it completely for me

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Ya, but SMT X FE isn't coming out till 2016 in US :(
But I am super hyped to play Fatal Frame 5 this year, though!

Yes, the Direct was amazing. I am so excited. I was more upset over Zelda not being at E3 than it being delayed personally.

I love Zelda but the SMT x FE info, 200cc MK8 info, localization of Fatal Frame, release date for Splatoon + amiibos did it for me.

Actually, SMT x FE did it for me because that was the reason I bought my Wii U in the first place.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network
ExplodingBlock said:
Ya, but SMT X FE isn't coming out till 2016 in US :(
But I am super hyped to play Fatal Frame 5 this year, though!

It's coming out in the winter for Japan and no info for the west release date has been shared. Meaning it could come worldwide or beginning of 2016. So technically, there is a chance for us to get it this year, even though it isn't likely.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

RolStoppable said:

It's two games? I must have missed that or it wasn't mentioned in the European Direct. There it sounded more like a The Sacred Stones campaign where you have to choose a path after you've reached a certain point in the story, only this time around it's not going to be two paths that lead to the same outcome.

On topic: There was nothing to make up for, because 3D Zelda games get delayed all the time. The best thing about the Direct was that the rumor about a new Ganondorf weapon in Hyrule Warriors wasn't true.

She's back! Kim lives! Thank god.

It wasn't mentioned in the European or American Directs, probably because they're at least thinking about simply selling it as one package in the West. It's easiest to explain using the digital version, which there is only one of. When you reach chapter six, you choose between the two sides. From that point, the campaign branches into (essentially) two completely different games. Different story, different characters, different battles, presumably different maps. But once you choose one branch, the other is locked away as ~$15 DLC. In Japan at least, the two campaigns will be sold as separate cartridges (white version and black version). Even with the physical versions, you can still unlock the other campaign for the same price.

Intelligent Systems claims that each version is distinct and has as much content on its own as Awakening had.

RolStoppable said:

That doesn't sound too bad then. It's basically an expansion pak that will be available from the get-go. That's the kind of DLC I don't mind seeing and it's much, much, much better than what Awakening had where they essentially sold trial maps (like Path of Radiance had) for outrageous prices.

Agreed. As long as they're true to their word, it sounds like we're basically getting two new Fire Emblem games for the price of one and a half, which sounds great to me. Sooo much better than Awakening's DLC.