By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did the April Fools Direct make up for the Zelda Delay?

Did the Direct make up for Zelda Delay?

Yes 116 34.42%

No 138 40.95%

Didn't care about Zelda/the delay anyway 41 12.17%

See results 42 12.46%

Total:337

No, I buy Nintendo consoles mainly for epic 3d Mario and Zelda games.
The other games I buy because I already have a Nintendo console.
3D Mario world was a huge disappointment for me, not epic at all.
So my hopes were set on an epic Zelda, but the combination of a delay and it already being near the end of the WiiU’s lifecycle,
screams a twilight princess style old console/new console launch to me.
And of course, if it also comes out on the next console, I’m going to play it on that, and not the WiiU.

This would mean the WiiU is a big disappointment to me, and I made a mistake buying it at launch.
This direct was never going to take away the bad taste in my mouth for trusting that Nintendo would deliver on their big games.
All the focus on Amibo in this direct only adds to the frustration.
I am not going to buy puppets when all I want is to do is play a videogame, and I think putting something on your controller just to unlock something, is stupid and unnecessary.
Point is, Nintendo could easily take away all the anger and negativity from a lot of their fans by stating Zelda will only come to the WiiU and not the NX.
It is really that simple to get the cat back in the bag again.
Just on sentence during the direct would have been enough.
But they stayed silent, and now I don’t trust them anymore.

Around the Network

SMTxFE.

Nothing more has to be said.

Astrid said:

Point is, Nintendo could easily take away all the anger and negativity from a lot of their fans by stating Zelda will only come to the WiiU and not the NX.

You're certainly not alone in this; the anxiety that Wii U owners will be cheated out of getting an exclusive Zelda is fairly widespread since its delay.

It would be quite a knife in the back to people who invested in the platform; never before has a Nintendo console missed out on an exclusive Zelda.

curl-6 said:
Astrid said:

You're certainly not alone in this; the anxiety that Wii U owners will be cheated out of getting an exclusive Zelda is fairly widespread since its delay.

It would be quite a knife in the back to people who invested in the platform; never before has a Nintendo console missed out on an exclusive Zelda.

Look how fine worked for Sony the Last of Us remake. If this is the best Zelda ever made (or close to it) It would be fair to release it just for a 15m seller console? I don´t think so. I think that is nothing wrong if the game is coming to wiiu anyways.

In my opinion it would be ideal to release this game next year and then release it a year after for the NX launch on 2017.

But we don´t even know what is NX, maybe is a console that can play WiiU and 3ds games. Maybe they will be porting NX exclusive games to WiiU until 2018 or so. Who knows.

A bit of DLC and the releasedates of games which where already announced did not cut it. Especially since Mario maker and yoshi´s wooly world where to release in the first half of 2015. No news on X release date and since I am not to much of a Fire emblem fan it didn´t do much for me. If they announced a new IP or a major title for the holidays it would be another story.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
Qwark said:
A bit of DLC and the releasedates of games which where already announced did not cut it. Especially since Mario maker and yoshi´s wooly world where to release in the first half of 2015. No news on X release date and since I am not to much of a Fire emblem fan it didn´t do much for me. If they announced a new IP or a major title for the holidays it would be another story.

Yoshi still is coming in the first half of 2015... in PAL.

I actually only just found out its in Q3 for you guys, that's a bummer, and illogical, since the UK/AU/NZ will be seeing an English language release in late June.

It's just one game that they haven't yet gotten me interested in so the delay was never a big deal to me, infact I'm all for it.

It was a very dry Nintendo Direct.

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

Twilord said:
teigaga said:
Oh and I was actually kinda annoyed by NES and MewTwo being treated like exciting new content. They should have both been in the game at launch -_-

Just to check, by NES you mean Ness right? And by Ness, you mean Lucas... right?

I am gonna guess by those two mistakes that you've not played Smash Bros... 

LOOOL, it was late when I wrote this and I was kinda pissed. I thought Mewtwo was going to be free.

teigaga said:
Twilord said:

Just to check, by NES you mean Ness right? And by Ness, you mean Lucas... right?

I am gonna guess by those two mistakes that you've not played Smash Bros... 

LOOOL, it was late when I wrote this and I was kinda pissed. I thought Mewtwo was going to be free.

He is if you registered both games. That is what we were told from the get go... I have endless sympathy if you forget to claim your reward for being a loyal enough fan to get both versions though. I had nightmares about forgetting to do that which was what reminded me to do so.