By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Say Something About Your Country :-)!!

Ka-pi96 said:
Remedy said:
Norway.

One of the wealthiest countries in the world. Nr 1 HDI. Lowest Gini (inequality rate) in the world (no corruption). Cold. Pretty girls (though fake, tons of makeup) Free medical bills.

We're basically pale rich people swimming in oil.

And no, there are no polar bears here, though there are on Svalbard (owned by Norway)

Teeqoz lied to me!

I said there were in Svalbard... Which is a part of Norway..

Around the Network
chocoloco said:
Colorado has legal weed... The most sking/snowboarding mountains in North America... Is one of sunniest states by data... Has been the slimest state for many years... Is one of the top 3 states in tourism... Is mostly white...

The US varies a lot...

I don't think Colorado is in the top 10 for tourism. 

Denmark. A modest population of only 5.5 million people. A shadow of its former self in terms of millitary strength and world recognition, but a beacon for human rights and values. Loves to drink (minimum age is 14, cannot buy alcohol themselves untill 16. Hard liquor at 18 and cigarettes at 18)

Somewhat wealthy country with great welfare system and an education system where you get paid for studying. Relatively low crime rate. Poor integration system and great protection systems in place for consumers. High taxes (40 percent minimum) but free health care (with a few exceptions where the government still pays for some of it). Great infrastructure.

In general I would sum up denmark to be the protector of the weak while rich people don't get too rich. Also no real bans to speak of other than drugs and illegalised advertisements In paid content unless for related content by the same creator. (sorry xbox/dorritos dashboard)

Mr_No said:

Puerto Rico. We have the best weather in the whole world averaging from 70 to 90 F yearly, warm, helpful people, many beautiful beaches, fantastic scenic views, good food, rich culture.

However, we also have incompetent politicians, we're being ran over by drug dealers, mean, pessimistic people, poor government services, corrupt government structure and functioning, we're one of the first to get hit by storms and hurricanes, high unemployment forces people look for jobs in the US.

But still, I love it.

I know that feel, bro.

Sweden, an overall very liberal country with one old, really weird law: You need a permission from the police in order to arrange public dances (like festivals, night clubs and such) and that dance permit regulates how many orderly officers that must be present during the public dance :).

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:

Is it sad this is how I remember that fact?

Augen said:
Teeqoz said:

Is it sad this is how I remember that fact?

Yes, yes it's sad.

Now you made me a sad Teeqoz.

Belgium, we like cycling, beer (we have the best beer in the world), fries (which we invented, not France!) and chocolate (we also have the best chocolate in the world :p).

We hold the world record for longest time without a government. We're a super small country, but we speak 3 different languages (Dutch, French and German). There's an ongoing struggle between the Flemish and Walloons. Oh, and New York? That was founded by Belgians. Wall Street is named after the Walloons.

We colonized Congo, Rwanda, Burundi and a small part of Tianjin (China) in the 19th-20th century. A total area that is 70 times the size of Belgium.

Ludwig van Beethoven is of Flemish descent and I'm directly related to him (I'm a historian who researched his family history in the archives).

Samus Aran said:

Belgium, we like cycling, beer (we have the best beer in the world), fries (which we invented, not France!) and chocolate (we also have the best chocolate in the world :p).

We hold the world record for longest time without a government. We're a super small country, but we speak 3 different languages (Dutch, French and German). There's an ongoing struggle between the Flemish and Walloons. Oh, and New York? That was founded by Belgians. Wall Street is named after the Walloons.

We colonized Congo, Rwanda, Burundi and a small part of Tianjin (China) in the 19th-20th century. A total area that is 70 times the size of Belgium.

Ludwig van Beethoven is of Flemish descent and I'm directly related to him (I'm a historian who researched his family history in the archives).

aha, a fellow Belgian.

I salute you ! I had my post about Belgium some pages backwards.

Lots of inhabitants though for our small country ;)

Currently playing:

Here in Australia the term 'sick cunt' is actually term of indearment used among friends.